What is the best natural way to deal with hot flashes/mood swings in menopause?

Please, NO sales or gimmicks.  I am a natural person looking for natural remedies for very slight symptoms.  I am highly allergic to perservatives!

WillowdancerTR

Asked by WillowdancerTR at 6:58 PM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Health

• I vote for acupuncture! I started it for a hurt arm, and I'd been showing signs of early menopause. Western doctors wanted to do a hysterectomy to end the problems, but I said no.
    I asked the acupuncturist to help me with the problem. It's been 3 years and the problems stopped and I still have my uterus!

I highly recommend acupuncture!
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 7:07 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I have always believed in vitamins and I took many,including calcium and magnesium . My menopause was pretty uneventful and I had some hot flashes for maybe six months. No other symptoms,thank goodness. :-) Being healthy and not worrying about it helps. It is just a natural transition. You won't be having periods and you won't get pregnant. That's about all there is to it.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 7:23 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• No thanks, I've tried Melaleuca and it's a pyramid scheme. It took me years and a lawyer to get out of it. I know all about having to buy at least $50 worth of products (most of which I make myself) a month or they charge you anyway. Not only that, their products contain many preservatives and chemicals that I am allergic to.

Other ladies - thanks for your comment.
    WillowdancerTR

Comment by WillowdancerTR (original poster) at 8:01 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• The best way to deal with menopause symptoms is to have a balanced diet and stay consistent with your exercise. Herbal supplements are safe to use as they do not have side effects. Supplements that contain Rice Bran oil are effective as they make the transition process simpler. Rice Bran is a staple in Asian Region and women there go through the change smoothy because of it.
    DebbieMorgan

Answer by DebbieMorgan at 6:58 AM on Jul. 4, 2011