When your parents taught you about sex did they.....

teach you just the mechanics of it or did they talk to you about the emotional aspects of sex?

and as a point of reference... how old are you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:05 PM on Jun. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• My parents taught me nothing. The only education I got was form the school and church and that left huge gaps in my knowledge. I honestly did not even know you had a 'most fertile' time if the month and that an egg only hung a round for a few days until I was trying to get pregnant with my SECOND child! lol. I plan to fully inform my kids on the subject myself.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:08 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• My mom was the one who raised us. My father was in and out of our lives and neither of them had a one on one sex talk with me yet I grew up in a very, very sexual house. My mom would walk around naked, my mom would talk about masturbation and how everyone should do it at the Thanksgiving dinner table, she would ask how big my boyfriends/ now husband penis is, etc...
    YellowBaby

Answer by YellowBaby at 7:10 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I am 33 and my mother explained everything, the mechanics and how I should be careful who I had sex with b/c sex can make you feel love when you don't. But my mother is an adolescent medicine social worker, so I also heard more than I ever wanted to know about sex, I was grateful as an adult, but as a 15 year old it is kind of embarrassing, but i am glad she did it.

I didn't necessarily listen but when it happened I understood.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 7:10 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• My Dad gave me a briefing on prophylactics and venereal disease that I think it came mostly from his navy medical training(which should be fairly obvious by that I even know them by those names) and Mom focused on feelings.
    I'll be 21 in October.
    lizziebreath

Answer by lizziebreath at 7:11 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• My mom is a nurse so i got the WHOLE spiel about diseases and every pamphlet known to man and then told i was NOT allowed to do it LOL

kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 7:13 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I'm 35 and they didn't teach me about it. I learned in school.
    Anonymous

• My Mom talked with me and we had many discussions about boys,sex,birth control and MOSTLY about self respect and self control and not being tooo easy and hopefully,avoiding falling into bed with just any horny guy. My Dad was too shy to speak about it.LOL. I waited to have sex until I was 23 and engaged.
    I am 68 years old now.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 7:17 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• My parents didn't say a word about it. For a long time I thought that sex was dirty and gross and bad. I learned a lot of false information from cousins and friends but eventually heard correct information from other friends. I will definitely teach my kids about it.
    Anonymous

• I'm 26 and my parents told me nothing about it but i was smart enough to get on bc before i had sex @16.......Me on the other hand with my kids im going to inform them and have them be comfortable asking me any question about sex that they may have
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 7:27 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I am 61, sex was not a subject my parents talked about, they expected me to marry before this happened, it was taboo in our home, everything was implied but not spoken out right.

Answer by older at 7:44 PM on Jun. 8, 2011