Re: church involvment in a persons sex life.... (off 35yoamom's question)

A couple of people responded to 35yoamom's question by saying that the church has no business with a persons sex life.

So WHY do these churchy people have an issue with homosexuals?

OR

Are the people who said that ok with homosexuality?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:10 PM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Religious Debate

• I'm one who said that. I support the gay rights movements. I have plenty of homosexual friends. I am perfectly ok with it. I do not beleive it is against any biblical texts or god. I also do not believe that the church has any right to try and continue the denial of them being married. Marriage is a legal contract not a religious one.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 7:19 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Just curious, I may have missed something but how do you know the people saying the church has no business in that are involved in a church at all or that they themselves are NOT against homosexuality? It seems like you are trying to read between lines...
    Anonymous

• Gay or not, the church needs to mind their own business. What is their obsession with sexuality anyway?
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 7:41 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• People fear what is different from them. Most of the time the most homophobic people are the ones who actually have homosexual feelings themselves. It's more like sef hatred. In my opinion we are all people. We are all different. Deal with it.
    Anonymous

• OH and I'm Christian....
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 7:20 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Good question. I guess a sexually active teen, pregnant teen or one with a disease is more acceptable than homosexuality.
    Anonymous

• I don't have an issue with homosexuality. That would be rather hypocritical of me.
    kit_manson

Answer by kit_manson at 7:25 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• IMO, I feel the church thinks both homosexuality, and sex before marriage are wrong. Its not that the church has "no business" in someone's sex life, in the teens it needs to be their parents, but the parents, if christain, should be looking at the church for guidlines.
    Anonymous

• I corinthians 5 but several chapters in that book address sexuality as well as homosexuality
    amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 11:25 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

Problem is that the church can't even stay out of non Christians sex lives. The church should mind their own bussiness period unless asked for help or advise.

I corinthians 5 but several chapters in that book address sexuality as well as homosexuality

That is just skirting around OP question she is asking your opinion not a bible verse.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 11:55 PM on Jun. 8, 2011