Without looking on the internet..what do you think causes autism? your own personal thoughts not something from a medical site

fiatpax

Asked by fiatpax at 7:20 PM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Health

• I don't think genes has anything to do with autism. I think it is a combination of all the "stuff" we are exposed to and expose infants to.
    There have been NUMEROUS cases of autism and other disorders occuring after immunizations. Infants today get waaaaaaay more immunizations than kids got 50 years ago- yet they are sicker now than ever. Their immune systems and brains are just developing and here we are exposing them to toxins they are not equiped to handle.
    Besides immunizations, we expose our kids to all kinds of toxins (even before birth). Many countries have banned a lot of these environmental toxins but the US has not. Did you know that diet soda contains aspertame and is toxic to the adult and even worse for the fetus? So, I think our life style is the cause of most of the autism. Many kids improve when toxins are removed from the home and they get whole grain supplementation which improves their brain function.
    Rota

Answer by Rota at 8:22 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I think it's a combination of genetic and environmental factors that haven't yet been identified.
    MegMurry

Answer by MegMurry at 7:21 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I'm not sure.. but i know my son died right before he was born and they got him back after emergency C-section .. so i'm not sure that had something to do with it.. and i had surgery when i was 6monthes pregnant with him and had some major pain medication.. i guess it could be anything.. I am the most convinced that the Lord put him in my life just the way he is because he know i would grow, learn and love him! He is the most AMAZING PERSON at 6yrs old! I have two other children who can tell you something on autism.. they are such WONDERFUL siblings!! i couldn't have asked for more!
    EvansMommy31605

Answer by EvansMommy31605 at 7:28 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Honestly I have no idea...my thoughts have always been maybe it's not caused by anything, maybe it's a genetic mutation or something...no clue that's why I stay out of the debate about it lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 7:22 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• From what I have looked up in the past and what I have read. I am leaning toward it being genetic. Maybe a collection of genetic traits that combine to create the red flags of Autism which is what makes it so hard to pinpoint. I could accept the theory of it being genetic but with an environmental trigger. I do not think it is vaccines. It is was vaccines or vaccines alon I think it would effect boys and gorls more evenly instead of being mostly boys.... There just isn't enough research for any one theory for me to be dead set in any opinion though...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:25 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I agree with MegMurry.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 7:22 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I have always thought that it was genetic . There have been many people wth autism who were not diagnosed over the years. Thousands of years of misdagnosis and kids being called slow or odd,etc. It is not a new "epidemic".
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 7:25 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Genetics, along with some other factor, regardless of it's environmental or some crazy mutation. I do not believe it's a vaccination.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 7:40 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• genetic predisposition that's tipped by environmental factors.
    dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 7:55 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I think its genetic.
    I always suspected that my husband and I both carried the gene and showed 'half tendencies" of autism.
    2 halves make a whole

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:36 PM on Jun. 8, 2011