Should any church have any ...

interest in ones sex life? In light of the resent questions I am curious on others thoughts of this. I use to belong to the Mormon church and the bishop would ask the young woman IMO very personal questions that no adult should ask a child except doctors, Councillor, and parent depending on the circumstance. These conversations made me very uncomfortable. So if you believe it is ok for a church leADER to have these interests where does the line get drawn?

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 7:25 PM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Religious Debate

• I understand the church's intentions and the parents are aware of these 'lessons' so I have no problem with it personally but I think it is a subject better addressed by the actual parents.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:27 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I want to add my children would not attend such lessons in school or church. It is my job to teach those things as I see fit.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:28 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• mommie though in some cases that may be true My parents did not know any thing about it until I went to them. Neither did my friends mom. While my parents didn't care much not surprising they didn't care when I was raped, Her mom stopped letting her go to those meetings alone when the questions got out of line she informed him she would contact an attorney if he didn't keep the meeting pg.
    hot-mama86

Comment by hot-mama86 (original poster) at 7:30 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• No matter where you are or who's asking, If it has anything to do with your private physical experiences, past or present, it's no one's business besides you and your spouse, as far as I'm concerned.

clarity333

Answer by clarity333 at 7:31 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Okay well parents *should* know about those kinds of lessons...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:32 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• no, they shouldn't. the only interest a church leader should have is in educating about religion.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:32 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• OH and I'm not talking about sex ed that's different. I'm talking about the bishop asking If I've ever sucked a penis? If I've ever had anal? If I'm a virgin? If i use tampons? What kind of under garments I wear etc. When I would answer I don't know what that is he would explain it. When I said yes I had sex he asked more in depth questions about position and how it felt etc.
    hot-mama86

Comment by hot-mama86 (original poster) at 7:32 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• the mormon church has always spooked me a little.
    vntNyll

Answer by vntNyll at 7:33 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• But if the religion has certain 'guidelines' as far as sexuality or sexual conduct is concerned it kind of *is* religious education. I am not saying I agree with it but that is their point of view. The see it as another type of religious training.
    Anonymous

Though that may be true shouldn't these convos only happen between the bishop and adult members. Not members begining at the age 12-18.
    hot-mama86

Comment by hot-mama86 (original poster) at 7:35 PM on Jun. 8, 2011