I dont understand

here's the thing my Dh's x wife who is a bitch and doesnt seem to want to let go of the fact that yea they were married and yea they were high school sweethearts but that was then i am married to him now and we have the rest of our lives togethere VS her almost 3 year marriage but i did a poll an asked a ? and don't understand the results seems like people are saying the opposite of what i thought the x is hand knitting a blankie and expects me to give it to our my DH and I's daughter i think not lmao bitch is stupid i dont want my daughter having anything she has made y is everyone saying just give it to her?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:58 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Relationships

• take the blanket.don't use it,, talk to your husband about how you feel.good luck
    seexxymama4u2me

Answer by seexxymama4u2me at 7:50 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Maybe she's just trying to be nice? Do they have kids together? Maybe she's trying to help her kids with him to understand and accept a new baby by showing she understands and accepts it? I don't know the whole story, since I guess I missed your other post. I'm just trying to guess at it here. But maybe she's realized it's time to move on and is trying to make a nice gesture. Hand knitting something takes quite a bit of time and it's not something people usually do to be spiteful. I'd give it to the baby. It's always special to have something handmade for your child, IMO.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 7:03 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• It's a blanket, for a baby....sounds like a peace offering to me. I'd happily and thankfully take it. I'm sorry but you sound just a little immature about this situation here. I'm sure that when she married your DH, she thought it was going to be forever too. I would think that you could understand just a little how horrible it might feel to her. I think she's making an effort here, let the past be the past and take this for what it is.....a nice baby gift.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 7:03 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• No matter your feelings, take the high road and accept the blanket. You don't have to use it, but accept it.
    Anonymous

• yea its not a piece offering trust me she keeps drama stirred up in our family i do plan to take it but she is sending it w her son to give to our daughter for christmas but soon as he leaves im trashing it LOL yea u all obviously dont no the story didnt want to bore ya w all the details though thanks
    Anonymous

• If she is giving it to her son to give to your daughter how could you just throw it away? Whether she starts a bunch of drama or not (and trust me I know about drama) if it is supposed to be from her son TO your daughter as a GIFT, what are you going to say to the son when he comes over next time and asks you where the blankie went that he gave to her??
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 7:14 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I'd let her son give it to your daughter. It's a good gesture where as she could go and buy some cheap peice of crap for your daughter. This is the beginning of your children's relationships and to have a gift that thier son has given to your daughter should be something you are thankful for, even ever so small. I understand drama, but come on, these are the kids really that you are talking about. Your hatred for her is clouding your judgement. I guess if you plan on trashing it as soon as you get it you might want to save thier son the heartache and just tell her you'd kindly decline her offer.
    lilsweetredhead

Answer by lilsweetredhead at 7:23 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• okay,..i understand you! you arent alone!! but just take the blankie,..make yourself the bigger person,...me id take it and think of it as a gift from the son,..is her son your husbands son too?
    amysmomma505

Answer by amysmomma505 at 7:38 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Yeah, Man UP. It sounds like she has seriously gotten over the fact that you are the one not acting correctly. I think it's a very nice gesture.
    Anonymous

• your adding to the drama by throwing it out. i guess she'll score another point on her side and you have 0. two wrongs don't make it right and if the son is bringing it then i would consider the boy's feelings and just turn the other cheek. she is bringing you down to her level. maybe she is playing yea with the gift and all but hell just take it and don't let her score again. personally i don't take things personally and i would probably like the gift and use it all the time if i did. i wouldn't care cause frankly it's really just tread and useful. you could re gift it later when you know some else is having a baby. of course i would wait for boy to forget about it. like a yr.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 8:06 PM on Dec. 10, 2008