Why am I feeling like this?

First of, my son's father left when he was 8 months old. Jack is now 2 (3 in Sept). He hasn't been in the picture since.
Anyway, I just found out today that his girlfriend (who he started dating a month after he left) is pregnant. I saw her at her job today and she looks to be about 5 or 6 months. I just can't get it out of my head that my son will have a little brother or sister that he'll probably never know. I'm pretty sure that it is my ex's baby, but I'm not 100% positive.
I just feel upset and angry and confused. As of now, he is still with her. I don't know if I should mad if he stays in that kids life and not Jackson's. I know I will be, but that is what's best for the kid, right?
Thanks for reading/listening. (I wasn't sure where to put this.)

Tink05215

Asked by Tink05215 at 7:57 PM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• Yeah, when my daughter turned 3, her half-brother was born. They barely know each other. They have met twice-he lives 3000 miles away and English is not even his first language. And honestly though, my daughter doesn't care.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 8:05 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Just my though. I think it's ok to be mad but don't dwell on it. So he left. Do you. Really think that everyone would have had a good relationship if he had stayed. Probably not if he is that type of guy. And as far as your son. He is young and and does not understand right now. My thought is just don't dwell on it look at it as now is the time for you to raise your son how what him to be and he doesnt need to have a sibling in his life. Specially if that means you and your husband have to see each other. Probably will just cause slot of fighting and that wouldn't be good for anyone. Be happy that you have your son, don't be sad that he doesn't have his dad.

And as far as knowing who his dad is (I think that's what you said). If you think he is someone else's then think about if that guy would really want to be in your sons life. If you think so, tell him and have a test don't if not don't bother with it. Hope this helps.
    Hapsand123

Answer by Hapsand123 at 8:09 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Sorry. I meant if her baby is really Brad's(my son's father).
    And does anyone reccomend telling him when he's older if I do find out that it's Jack's half slibling?
    Tink05215

Comment by Tink05215 (original poster) at 8:13 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• To be honest, that would be up to your son's father, whether or not to tell him he's got a half-sibling. At least that's my opinion on the matter.

Understand you being upset about the whole "he's in that child's life but not mine" thing. I'd be upset too, but maybe he's trying to do what's right for that kid, since he messed it up for yours. As another said, try not to dwell on it. Raise your son. Good luck, momma.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 8:33 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Thank you everyone!
    Tink05215

Comment by Tink05215 (original poster) at 9:36 PM on Jun. 8, 2011