Any advice?

So I ask my stepmom if there is a chance that they can watch our daughter for one night at the end of June so my husband and I can have one night to our selves before our son is born because after he is born we wont have any alone time for awhile. She tells me that she will have to see what they can do because my step brother and his gf are coming to visit from Michigan. The day that I am asking them to watch her is like 2 weeks after they get here and its only one night. Should I just say forget it and not even bother? Its bad enough that they promised to watch her while I was in labor but now that might not happen if I go past my due date becuase they made plans not to be here. We never ask them to watch her. What should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:04 PM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• If the whole babysitting thing doesn't work I say try to have some alone tome at home no naps for baby girl so she goes to bed early and sleeps threw the nite and plan a night for you an hubby although it might be just a few hour at least you two can steal a hour or two together I def know how hard it is to get some alone time when no one is co operative but you gotta make it work or find another babysitter either way good luck
    MinnieMoni

Answer by MinnieMoni at 8:09 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Is there anyone else you could ask?
    Anonymous

• What about asking a friend or other family members?
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 8:33 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I would say wait and see wit the answer is I mean if she says no then it would be the same as if you said forget it. So wit do you have to lose.
    Hapsand123

Answer by Hapsand123 at 8:37 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I have no other family out here and I dont really have any friends. The first 2 years that I lived here it was just me, my husband and daughter even though my dad and stepmom lived like 10 minutes away. I havent always had the best relationship with my dad but I tried because I have 2 little sisters. Things are better now but we still barely see them.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:40 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• forget it - find someone else to watch her. I am slowly learning that family is great, but they are not always the most helpful people you know.
    shareleann

Answer by shareleann at 5:02 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• if u are not sure about the person u want to leave ur child w thn find another one
    linah12345

Answer by linah12345 at 3:12 AM on Jun. 10, 2011