just curious do you know anyone with bi-polar?

what are they like? do they have anger issues? i met someone recently who is bi-polar and im not sure what to expect...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:00 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Relationships

• I live with their poster child...how can I help you?
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:28 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I have a friend who's ex was bi-polar. He was on meds (most of the time) and he had some real anger issues and he pushed her around. I have a close friend who is bi-polar, she won't even take cold meds!! And she doesn't have any of these issues. Difference between male & female? I don't know, but I've seen good and bad with it.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 7:03 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• my ex was bi bolar he would be ok one min and then go off but he would only hurt himself not me
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 7:05 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I worked with a bi-polar woman. She lost custody of her kids for beating the crap out of her (ex) hubby and didn't understand why. She sometimes thought she spoke Spanish and insulted many many customers with her made up Spanish. But, when she was on her meds, she was delightful.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:10 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I grew up with a bi-polar mother and my brother is too. My ex husband was as well and that is why he is an ex. Expect a lot of turmoil especially if they do not take their meds or seek help. People with bi-polar need medication and counseling to really help themselves. If they do not do this then you cannot help them at all.
    Geminus

Answer by Geminus at 7:11 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I agree with Geminus. They need a lot of help, and unfortunately are known for "taking themselves off of the meds." It's hard to say what to "expect" because they can be so unpredictable and extremely reckless. It's extremely hard to love someone who is bipolar, it is a very debilitating disorder. I have known many people with it. A friend's brother is bipolar and it is a major stressor for the entire family. I would say if you are involved or thinking of being involved with this person be very wary of irregular behaviors. They also tend to be VERY susceptible to substance abuse and "self medication."
    Anonymous

• my boyfriend is bipolor and yes he can be violent we are in councling over it because he refuses meds.
    Wassybear

Answer by Wassybear at 7:41 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• My cousin is bi-polar. She disappeared for years and nobody knew where she was. Now she is back around and even worse than before. She never has taken medicine, and is responsible for most of my terrible childhood memories. She is 2 years older than me. Her parents didn't think anything was wrong until she was a teen. She is voilent, she lies for no reason, and gets offended about really weird things. I feel sorry for her and wish we could talk her into taking her meds.
    Mz.Mommy418

Answer by Mz.Mommy418 at 7:58 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I did she was/is the nicest person, but would get in her "moods" her were she would get really quiet and sad.
    Lizamafers

Answer by Lizamafers at 8:51 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• i'm what you'd call a functioning bipolar. hahah. i take my meds and im good. without them i'm crazzhyyy. i'm paranoid sometimes with new relationships and people leaving me and occasionally get very sad even with meds. without them i am angry, but the worst is yelling. without meds i am suicidal and likely to overdose on things. however- as long as im on my meds i am fine and the nicest person you could meet!
    Anonymous