Avon Representative

Have any of you moms worked for Avon if so how does it work and is it really worth it

lazo060109

Asked by lazo060109 at 8:23 PM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I have and hell no, it's not worth it. You have to buy the damn catalogs to pass out, and buy a crapload of samples to pass out, nobody ever orders or you get the people who will only order like once every 3 months IF you give them a catalog every week for them to look at. The Avon reps above you hound you for your orders because they probably get a cut---the economy blows and nobody wants to spend money. I wasted more money trying to get a damn $.99 lipgloss order--so not freaking worth it!!
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 8:26 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Thanks I am glad I asked
    lazo060109

Comment by lazo060109 (original poster) at 8:28 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Once I spent a ton of money and hit like a big ass neighborhood. Put a catalog with a free sample on every single porch. Hit well over 400 houses. I got one order for 3 lipglosses. Holy crap, do you know how much I spent on catalogs and samples? I also left them at major businesses and boards in stores and restraunts and didn't get a single call. I seriously made more money delivering newspapers but that was a pain in the ass, getting my baby up, putting her in the car seat and driving by houses throwing the papers out the windows!
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 8:34 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• LOL...Ding Dong----Avon calling!! Remember that? Oh those were the days for Avon! But, no more. It's tough going. Women have TONS of makeup and that's just not how we shop anymore. I think leaving a catalog and 'hoping' to entice someone is just not the way to go anymore. People either know someone selling it already or If they get an Avon "itch"...they get online. They probably can't even remember what ever happened to that catalog that someone left or who in the world it was.
    I'm not saying it never works but.....I think you would have to have an awful lot of TIME to really devote to get your money back and actually make money and moms with kids are just tooooo busy raising those kids to devote a billion hours for Avon. JMO.
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 8:50 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• In my person opinion, Avon is not get rich quick. If anyone trys to tell you that about anything, it is more than likely a scam. It works for some but doesn't work for others. Yes, you have to work. People are not gonna come to you and you will have to follow and market. The other thing to take into consideration is your cost. I don't give a brochure without getting phone number. I have had no problems with it so far, but I think it about marketing and marketing YOUR attitude. If you think it sucks or don't enjoy it, do you think you are going to get sales? Like I said before what works for some doesn't always work for others. A side note those making the BIG bank have worked to get there and it has taken TIME. As the old saying goes Rome wasn't built overnight.
    djavongirl

Answer by djavongirl at 10:58 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I have and its great. Come by my website, youravon.com/kareenburgos . Email me if you have any questions and let me know if I can be of an help.
    Kareen
    khitana

Answer by khitana at 8:00 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Not trying to dispute with emmyandlisa but i am having much success with Avon, Lazo. i am earning enough money to put my son through college and am nationally recognized by the Avon company. it is not a get rich quick thing like djavongirl said, but it is worth it. I can actually send you two articles that I have been featured in because of Avon. Avon even gave me the chance to have a one on one session with Suze Orman!! (She is amazing by the way.) How many people can say that??
    Also, I determine when I want a raise, and you know what, I get one!!

If you still want to earn some extra income feel free to email me at my avon email address at Avonisfierce@gmail.com
    Thanks!
    MommyAvon

Answer by MommyAvon at 12:41 AM on Jul. 22, 2011