Should I leave my boyfriend because his SON constantly disrespects ME and he doesnt back me up?

My boyfriends son is almost 12 and is very hard to handle, I have been hated on for about 5 years now, and he lives with me. He is disrespectful, disobediant, loud and rude. I do all the cooking, cleaning and I am the one who works. My boyfriend is out of work right now and I am just about fed up!!!! His son totally disrespects me and I am ready to leave, but a small part of me feels like I would be abandoning them,, should I go?

SARAHSON

Asked by SARAHSON at 8:35 PM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• Yes! Why put up with that?
    youngmm

Answer by youngmm at 8:36 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I would get the hell out because his idiot dad doesn't respect you either!
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 8:36 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• You should go. Dad and son deserve to live alone and have to do for themselves.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:40 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I feel that way almost everyday, but I do love him, and I just wish things were different, but I guess they r not gonna be. thanks girls, I just need some time to figure things out how I am gonna get out.
    SARAHSON

Comment by SARAHSON (original poster) at 8:42 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Only you can answer that question. Depends on how much you want to put up with that. Have you talked to your bf about how this makes you feel?
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 8:47 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Well being you really dont have to put up with the sons mess,your not married to the man but i know u love him,but dont stay because u love him,thers more fish in the sea that would appreciate u,talk to your b/f about his son ,and if it dotn seem to subside tell b/f goodbye ,you dont deserve that mess.
    jbaby7162000

Answer by jbaby7162000 at 8:48 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• You have to love yourself too! If this were your bff or your own dau- what would you suggest they do?
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:58 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I am a stepmother...I would not have married their father had he not been on the same page as I am.

There needs to be respect from everyone.

If you SO does not inforce this, you are left alone.

Your So has to put his foot down and lay some rules...if not you will ALWAYS be a DOORMAT...

If your SO is not strong enough....then I would go....go somewhere will you will be respected and appreciated.

Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 9:06 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Depends. Is he willing to change? Is he going to put a stop to the disrespect? How long are you going to have to deal with it? Is he looking for a job? Where do you see this going and do you see the two of you spending your lives together?
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 9:09 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• If it were me I would only stay if the following conditions were met: * SO parent his own child, it is not my job or place to do it. * So get a full time job and start paying his (and his kid's ) share, * the boy get anger management/behavior counseling, * the boy control his mouth and not be rude/disrespectful to me.....
    If he and the child can't/won't abide by the new house rules then the relationship will end, and someone will be moving out.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:55 AM on Jun. 9, 2011