What scared you most about being pregnant?

tspillane

Asked by tspillane at 8:42 PM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• With my first pregnancy days before the delivery I was scared of DH not being with me when my water brakes. Fortunately my water broke when we were getting ready to go to sleep.
    With my second pregnancy no worries.
    Cafemomoftwo217

Answer by Cafemomoftwo217 at 8:48 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I had a hematoma in my uterus with my second pregnancy. I bled the first 3 months. I was told that if I did anything too strenuous, I could loose the pregnancy. It took us 5.5 years to get pregnant with our twins. Luckily everything turned out OK. The hematoma resolved itself.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 8:57 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Honestly, I was afraid of pushing. Sounds stupid, I know.....but I wasn't looking forward to it.
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 9:02 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Losing the baby
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 9:06 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• That my boyfriend of just a few months would leave me. Yeah, my first pregnancy was unplanned. I'd say accident, but we weren't using protection so it was more of a stupidity than an accident.

Anyway, that baby will be 8 in October, we've been married for 7 years and have a 4 year old too.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 9:22 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• My first pregnancy I had my daughter at 33 weeks because of my bicourate uterus. With this pregnancy I was scared the whole time because doctors ere saying i had higher risks then most people so I thought I was going to bleed to death the first 7 months. Now im 37 weeks and my c-section is next week!!!! Stupid doctors
    Augusta

Answer by Augusta at 9:47 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I don't know why, but I felt very vulnerable walking down the street or anywhere in a crowd when I was pregnant. I was always afraid that someone was going to punch me in my protruding belly.
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 9:47 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Something happening in delivery.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:56 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• i was soooo stupid before i found out i was pregnant for the first time doing things i shouldnt be doing. Drugs, hard drugs, everyday all day for 3 mths when i found out i was 3 mths pregnant. i was scard my entire pregnancy that i had messed up my perfectly innocent child for something amazingly stupid. i cried every night just about thinking my kid was going to be handicapped in some way because of my stupididy. thats what scared me the most, thats what straightned me out. and thats why i can honestly say my kids turned my life around. i will NEVER do anything that stupid again. its not worth it, if something had been wrong with him , where there wasnt thank god, i would have hated my self forever, everytime i look at him even now when he's healthy i remember how stupid i was.not thinking about my consequences at 17. i remember how lucky i am and how stupid i was. i remember how scared i was. NEVER AGAIN
    2breath2live

Answer by 2breath2live at 10:08 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• It took my husband and I over 5 years to get pregnant and I miscarried. Then a month later when I found out I was pregnant again with my daughter, I was terrified I was going to lose her too. The 3rd time I got pregnant I was terrified I was gonna lose the baby and I did in a way (it was an empty egg sac, no baby in there) but I still had all the symptons of pregnancy and emotions. Then I got pregnant again in October and I was terrified that I was gonna lose this baby as well because maybe there was something wrong with me. Happily I am 34 weeks prego and expecting a boy in July. So for me losing baby is what scares me. Now that I am 34 weeks along the thing that scares me is that something will be wrong and he'll be still born.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 10:19 PM on Jun. 8, 2011