What just came out of my body??? VERY GRAPHIC adult content

I am a mom to a 2 year old. My husband has been gone since March (and of course the last time I had sex) and a month and a half after he left, I went to the OB-GYN, got on birth control (Nuva-Ring) and things have been fine. I have been on this BC for a month now and just start my period (which was about a week late - I figured it was the affects of the BC). I just took out my tampon, peed, and out came a warm, flesh looking thing covered in blood. I'm sorry this is graphic but I'm a little freaked out. It looks just like a piece of skin, it was stretchy, flesh colored but with blood on it, and was very warm. Does anyone know what just came out of my body?? I am so freaked out right now and don't know if this is something I need to be going to the ER over.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:58 PM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Health

• probably just a clot
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 9:00 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• If it was, I've never had a clot like that!! Is this something the nuva ring probably caused??
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:01 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I wouldn't worry. The older you get, the more this sort of thing appears. Your cycle is cleaning your body out and it is probably just some tissue clearing from the lining of your uterus. It could be due to your ring insertion finally getting healed. If you have intense pain or a fever then I would call otherwise don't worry about it. Unfortunately it is normal. :-)
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 9:05 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I vote for a blood clot also.. Some months mine look like that too and very large. My tubes are tied so I don't know anything about nuva ring..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:05 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• clot. I have these every month. It's called dysmenorehha (sp?) when you clot like that when you bleed. it could be from the bc, just call your doctor and let them know, if they are concerned they will want to see you.
    Anonymous

• Thank you so much. I have had clots before but nothing like this and it just really caught me off guard...especially with the skin!! I feel soooo much better now...whew lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:15 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• THe nuva ring doesn't give you scar tissue-its not surgicslly inserted at all. If you are worried, take it to the er and see what yhe docs say.
    TempestRayne

Answer by TempestRayne at 9:16 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• And no other symptoms, just normal cramping
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:16 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Could have been a polyp. I gave BIRTH (pushing & all) to a huge one few years back. I actually thought it was a tumor & I did rush to the ER. I was on depo, hadn't had sex in 2 years.
    I'd let your GYNO know, just in case.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 9:45 PM on Jun. 8, 2011