Would you have a problem with your man adding a whole lot of ex girl friends on fb?

Ok, he hasn't had his face book for long, like just a few days and it come up on mine that out of 14 friends, 6 of them are ex girlfriends, one of them being a crazy crack addict who was working as a hooker while he was at work and stole thousands of dollars from him... When i saw her i instantly felt anxious, is this anything that i should be concerned about? What do you reckon?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:06 PM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• You are right, that isn't ok.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 9:08 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• OMG girl this is a common sense question wtf hell yes Id be very disturbed.
    I would ask him to unbefriend them (if that's a word)...lol or delete the acct. This does not sound normal.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 9:11 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• tsk tskthat is a no fly zone for me too...ESPECIALLY if they have no kids together. talk about opening pandoras' box.

gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 9:11 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I can and only will speak in regard to myself/my husband.

If my husband and I had made a mutual agreement that no ex's were to be added as friends and he turned around and did so. Yes I would be peeved. He would have broke an agreement we had.

If we had not made such an agreement. It would be time for us to do so. I would share my thoughts, my concerns and my general overall view of FB "Friends" and listen to his. Hopefully we would come to a mutual agreement and understanding.

I have no idea if you should be concerned or not. I do not know your partner, what type of person he is. I do not know if there have ever been any issues in your relationship that would cause you to have thoughts of concern. Only you know those things. So, I would suggest you talking to him openly and honestly about this. Share your concerns, why they are concerns and listen to what he has to say in return.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 9:12 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I don't have a problem with this. Sometimes when you show signs of you having a problem with him being friends with ex's he will keep things from you. You don't want this, you want him to be open and comfortable talking to you about everything and anything even if it bothers you a little. They are his ex for a reason, this gives you the opportunity to ask questions and find out why his relationships didn't work.
    jewelry-lady

Answer by jewelry-lady at 9:14 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• They dont have children and neither do we and they were together for 3 years
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:18 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• no.

My husband has a fb and has many ex girlfriends as friends. They were silly h.s. relationships. He had only 2 really serious girlfriends... one for years in college, and one in law school... he would have proposed to her. And even HER i wouldnt feel bad about. He HAD feelings for her... she WAS a part of his life... I dont begrudge him that.

If you can not trust your husband then your marriage has issues... having her on fb isnt the problem - THE MARRIAGE IS.
    Anonymous

• Yes they are ex's for a reason. Im not anxious about any of the others, but from what he told me about her,she is manipulative and nasty, and had him emotionally ruined when he left her... She is the one who has given him all his insecurities and paranoia. We never discussed whom his friends should be on fb. I have a one ex serious bf on fb that i was with for 2 years, but very rarely speak to him... Only reason he is friends on there is for ease of sharing pictures i get of daughter i gave birth to when we were together(he not the father but together from a few weeks pregnant and was with me thru her adoption). I have not yet had a chance to speak to him about it, we are both at work.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:37 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• It is not him i am bothered about, its her... From what i can gather she really is a piece of work and im a lil scared she will try and get her greasy mitts on him cos he is doing a thousand times better than before...... To me a thief, liar manipulator and fraudster is not someone id want anything to do with, regardless of whether i was with them. I kinda see it as just asking for trouble??
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:44 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• yes and i would not stand for it. Make him close his account or give you access to it so you can see how innocent or not it is
    iramom

Answer by iramom at 10:30 PM on Jun. 8, 2011