Sleep for a one week old?

My daughter is one week old and she sleeps ALL the time. She is healthy and I asked the doctor about it and he said it is perfectly normal. My son never slept like this. She sleeps like 18 - 20 hours out of 24. Just curious what other children her age sleep?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:12 PM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• perfectly normal, enjoy it while it lasts
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 9:13 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• My son is 2 weeks old and if he's not sleep he's on my boob lol...it's perfectly normal and it doesnt last long so I suggest you enjoy it while you can
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 9:14 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• My DD is 2 weeks old and that's all she does too. She sleeps, wakes up every 2-4 hours, eats, I change her diaper & she's back to sleep. Its normal at this age!
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 9:32 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Perfectly normal for that age. Sleep, eat, sleep, poop, sleep.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 9:45 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Omg! Enjoy it while u can! Mine was up ALL night!
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 10:04 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Retired Neonatal ICU nurse here: Very normal for a 1 wk old to sleep this much, just as your other child didn't sleep as much as this--there's extremes on both ends w/ most falling btwn on amt of sleep. Just enjoy it while it lasts!
    Have you heard of the Period of PURPLE Crying? Everyone should check out the info on the website: www.purplecrying.info This info is a really big help for those who have babies that cry A LOT!
    suemayonline

Answer by suemayonline at 3:36 AM on Jun. 9, 2011