Why are men such babies!?!

Everyone has been sick in this house...I started it Fri. I couldn't even get out of bed,but SO doesn't even come home right after work or even offer to help watch my kids(they are not his) so I can rest..mind you i watch his kids (he has 2) whenever they are here so he can rest or whatever...well it was bad all weekend and his kids were here because their mom was in the hospital because she was sick..so I had 5 kids to watch with little help from him...which i normally don;t mind...I'm a SAHM it is my job,but his kids were throwing up sick and passed it on to my kids and I'm finally feeling a bit better but he is sick now and what does he do when he gets home from work? takes a shower and goes to bed...he's been sleeping since 5 ish tonight...he has the same thing I had/have and he's allowed to be a big ass baby I was folding laundry..still not feeling too great mind you...in the room and when he gets out of the shower he says how much longer are you going to be and can you turn that tv off? REALLY?! I was sick all freaking weekend and he was little help to me and I had to watch his kids as well...I wanted to turn the damn T.V. up!!! Why is it we are supposed to baby them and feel sorry for them when they are sick,but when we are sick we need to just suck it up and take care of the kids and house?

happymama02

Asked by happymama02 at 9:21 PM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• Damn that is so messed up...but believe it or not some men are that way.
    You should all of a sudden have something to do out of the house and be gone for as long as it might sound reasonable. And just leave or you need to let him know what is going through your mind. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 9:35 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I don't know, but I swear, before I got married, I thought that "men are big babies when they're sick" crap was something made up for the movies. Boy, was I wrong.

The funny thing is, if my husband and I both get the same thing, I'm sick for about a fourth of time he is. If he's sick for a week, I'm sick for about two days.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 9:36 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Better question is why do you let your man get away with that crap? My husband would never act like that so your generalization is pretty inaccurate.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 9:41 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Yep, guys are pigs and babies.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 10:45 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Because they are men and inside every man is a little boy struggling to get out .
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 11:10 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Fortunately, my husband's not like that. He's gone to work when I've begged him to call in sick because we need the money. The only thing he asks me to do for him when he gets sick is to make him a hot toddy. lol. If I was sick...like puking-stay-in-bed-sick...he would take the day off work to keep the baby for me. Now he IS a big baby when it comes to going to the doctor though! lol.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 11:43 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• My husband isn't like that - not really anyway. When he's not feeling good he'll jokingly whine and try to get me to be his slave so to speak but I just tell him to knock it off and he'll smile and take care of whatever it is he wanted. The only time he's dead to the world is when he has the flu and that I understand because I got the flu only once in my life and that was when I was 15 - he and I had been dating about a year and I was out of it but every time I came around to consciousness he was there by my side. He even helped my mom and dad out with checking on me, making sure I got enough to drink and tried to feed me. He's gotten the flu 4 times in the 11 years we've been together and I allow him to be a baby when he gets it.
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 11:50 PM on Jun. 8, 2011