Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

How do i deal with the woman my husband used to be married to?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 9:29 PM on Jun. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

Answers (12)
  • You don't. It's not your job. And I believe the term is "ex wife".

    Answer by layh41407 at 9:29 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

  • you don't, that's his job (if there were kids from that marriage) and remind yourself this is the extra baggage you signed up for when you married him.

    Answer by tnm786 at 9:32 PM on Jun. 8, 2011


    Answer by Anonymous at 9:33 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

  • Yes.....agree...need more details....

    Answer by Dannee at 9:37 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

  • Well, the other day my husband yelled at his son for not doing something, the child called his mother and started to complain about his dad. The ex get po'ed barges into our home and starts yelling at my husband. They exchange a few words (no big deal).. but, i had nothing to do with the incident and she starts yelling at me - call me a B***** several times.. at first i didn't say anything.. but at one point I said, "stop calling me that' and she says "i will call you whatever I want to B*****"... anyway, now wont let us see the child saying I need to apologize for an incident which happened three years ago... during this incident I yelled at the child because he ran away from me in the middle of the jungle..... etc etc..

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:45 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

  • What a mess....

    She sounds bitter...

    Rule one# No one disrespects you in your own home...

    Your hubby needs to clean this mess up.....he needs to straighten her ass out.
    If she will not allow him his visitations he needs to take her to court.

    What do you the middle of the jungle?

    Answer by Dannee at 9:55 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

  • In the jungle out of the country, we were a group of five and the kids and I got seperated (long story)

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:00 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

  • You should have called to cops and had her removed!!


    Answer by Crafty26 at 10:51 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

  • How old is the child? And why is dh allowing the ex to come into your house and yell at you? You should not have to deal with his ex, at all. That is his job...and outside of "your" home. If he "allows" the ex to come into "your" home and take over, then he definitely has unresolved issues with her, and he needs to deal with those, separate and apart from you. You are not the one to handle that...he is. Tell him that is NOT acceptable in YOUR home....she will not be allowed to come there, no matter what, and whatever issues he and the ex have need to be worked out between them, on neutral territory, without you, OR the child around. You never put the child in the middle, and if she is doing that, then she is using the child as a pawn in a very adult game. Not acceptable, and tell your dh if there are unresolved issues between them, or because of the child, then go work it out. You are not responsible!

    Answer by Lynda-Lou at 11:10 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

  • If the visits are Court Ordered, he needs to file for contempt for EACH denied visitation. If they are not Ordered, he needs to get a Court Order in place ASAP.

    As for her coming into your home. First off--She shouldn't have access into your home. Call the cops. Second off, tell her she can either be respectful or she won't be allowed on your property, and she can park at the curb and the children will come out to her when she's there to pick them up.

    Answer by laird6372 at 5:08 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.