1 Week Post Partum (physical issue) adult content

I have stitches to repair a laceration, I believe I had a few other "surface tears" as well that stung the first couple days. It's been 1 week now and I have pain/burning when I urinate and use the peri bottle. It's now progressed and I feel a burn even when just sitting. This has felt much more tender than I remember my episiotomy feeling with my first (that could be because it's been 5 years). I'm mostly worried what it could be, I will be calling my OBGYN first thing in the morning, put it off because my newborn is jaundiced and I'm in the hospital with her plus as this evening has progressed I've decided these aren't healing pulls or stings I'm feeling. Wondering if anyone else has had any complications while recouperating from having a baby.

LoveBuggsMommie

Asked by LoveBuggsMommie at 9:39 PM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• ??????????????
    Augusta

Answer by Augusta at 9:41 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• And the question is?!? =/
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 9:43 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• You could have an infection. Def. Call your OB in the morning to get checked out. Good luck mama! I didn't have this issue, but my SIL did.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 9:53 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Sounds fairly normal to me. It took me a good couple of weeks for the tears to stop burning each time. As I was urinating I would spray the area at the same time to reduce the burning. Then sitting was the same way, I was better if I was up and moving.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 9:55 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Wait, you're still in the hospital with your jaundiced baby? Say something to the next nurse that walks into your room.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 9:57 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• unfortunately i'm not in, they readmitted her (IMO our hospital rushed us out since I had a borderline jaundice baby who didn't have feedings down pat) so now I'm here because I'm nursing and she's the patient.
    LoveBuggsMommie

Comment by LoveBuggsMommie (original poster) at 9:59 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• After my first, I learned to associate burning with infection. It can never hurt to ask! I would check with your doc, even if it means being pulled away from baby for awhile. You wont do baby any good if an infection takes hold. Trust me, I know.
    MommyOfTheBest2

Answer by MommyOfTheBest2 at 10:58 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Just because you aren't the patient doesn't mean you can't ask. Rosehawk had the best advice IMO - ask the next nurse who comes in. If you really aren't comfortable doing that, call your own doc first thing in the morning.
    Anonymous