My 2 cents

It scares me when someone is a die hard republican/democrat/liberal. I think that when someone votes the party line simply because it is the party line that is scary.

No two people in this world will agree 100% on every single topic.... so why do you vote that way?

I vote on each issue the best I can and with my beliefs.
I vote for each person based on who they are, the best of my knowledge, and what I believe in.

I can not be the only one that thinks this way.... can I?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:43 PM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I have certain issues that I believe strongly in, and they are on different sides of the party line. I have to prioritize my convictions and vote accordingly.
    Kitkat61277

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 10:41 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Whose 2 cents is this?
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 10:41 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• If a person was anti abortion why would they ever vote Democrat?
    If a person was for stricter environmental regulations, why would they ever vote Republican?
    If a person was for smaller government why would they ever vote Democrat?
    If a person was for generous entitlement programs why would they ever vote Republican?
    If you have no stance in your life or no core beliefs, voting for the cute guy would be understandable. GL with voting for the guy you like at the moment.
    OY
    Anonymous

• I vote who or what I believe. It doesn't matter which side they are on.
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 10:09 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I vote each proposition on its own merritts... not by who is supporting it.

I agree with some republican values and some democratic values... but I do not think that one is 100% correct on its stance over the other.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:10 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I vote for the people whom I think will have my best interests and who think around the same lines as me. Most of them happen to be Republicans. But, I'm the only one who has the exact same ideals as me. Not even my husband and I agree on some politics, and that's OK.

And, if there is a Dem that is running for office that I feel would be a better choice because of their ideals, then of course I'll vote for them.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 11:48 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Vote your belief in greater or lesser government control and how best to reach those ends. Democrats want greater control over the individual while republicans want less control over the individual. Find out what the candidate stands for before you vote.
    annabarred

Answer by annabarred at 11:52 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

>>>>
    That's simply not true. If you look at the political tests that we all took a month or so back, the more liberal of the group plotted more on the Libertarian side than the conservatives. Conservatives tend to be more authoritarian, as those tests showed.
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 1:19 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I agree OP- the strict party line thing I will never understand.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:03 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I vote based on the idiots running. Basically I just vote for the lesser of two idiots.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 12:54 AM on Jun. 9, 2011