How long should i wait after loosing the baby to try again?

amberc09

Asked by amberc09 at 9:44 PM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• My doctor told me 6 months.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:49 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• So sorry for your loss. I was told by my doctor 1 period and then try again. I would still check with your doctor. HUGS
    Anonymous

• It depends how you lost the baby. Was it a normal miscarriage? When I miscarried my doc told me to wait a few months to make sure my body was back on track. I miscarried July 17th and I got pregnant again around the end of August. After I had my daughter I got pregnant again and it took 5 months for me to miscarry (it was an empty egg sac) and then it took over a year for my body to be back to normal for us to try again. I think really it depends on your body and it'll happen when your body is ready. Still you should ask your doctor. I'm sorry for your loss.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 10:05 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• my doctor said 3 months or i had a higher chance of it happening again
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 10:08 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I am so sorry for your loss, i know how you feel and its NOT easy, its the hardest thing i have ever been through in my life! I lost my daughter at 23 weeks and my dr told me to have 3 NORMAL periods before trying again! good luck and i hope it doesnt take long, its been a year for me and we are still trying :(
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 10:43 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Talk to your doctor - it depends on why/how you lost the baby, and other things - some women are cleared to start right away, some need to wait a while.
    Anonymous