How do I know if my dd OD on Tums?

Yesterday I caught my 3 yr old trying to get at the Tums. She didn't get any and I took it away and put it out of her reach.

Today I went looking for them and I couldn't find them were I put them. It's possible that someone else got them down and I'm now worried that my 3 yr old dd found them before me. ( I have to be on my toes for this 24/7...others forgetting to put things away and I have to go behind them)

How would I know if she got into them or ate them? They are fruit flavored so I'm sure she'd like the taste and that has me worried. I've looked everywhere and can't find them. I've asked if anyone seen them and got a no. My eldest is sleeping and I can't wake her to ask. (she sleeps like a log) Asked the 3 yr old, but that went nowhere.

How would I know if she ate some and are there things I should look out for incase she took them. It was 1/2 a bottle of I think 200 count Tums.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:51 PM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Health

• You could call the er. You could talk with a nurse. I would ASAP
    Anonymous

• You can't find the bottle anywhere? Did you look in her toy room, bedroom, trash? Think of places your DD would hide them. Unless you know how many she ate or if she did at all it is hard for someone to determine whether or not it is a concern. You could call poisen control and explain the situation and see if they could tell you what to look for or what you should do. Good luck!
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 9:57 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Oh and in this case I would wake your oldest and ask.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 9:58 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Call poison control
    1-800-222-1222
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:07 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Call poison control.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 10:23 PM on Jun. 8, 2011