Stressed out...

ughh i am so stressed out tonight... i am 5 months pregnant and the last thing i want is to be stressed. my husband and i just got done filing bankruptcy in january and the bills are starting to pile up again... i have a budget that will have us caught up on everything besides our electric bill and the 800 dollars i owe my mom so that will be all we have to worry about after his next two checks. i quit my job in feb to stay home with my son, it makes sence considering the price of daycare and with one on the way now... i am having a huge fight with my sister and my 13 year old nephew is mad at me now and i dont think ill ever talk to my sister again! we need about 3 or 4 thousand dollars to catch everything up and be where we need to be then everything would be ok. we really could make it work if we could just make an extra fast 2000... my sons bday party is saturday and im stressing about those costs as well. its really frustrating and were really not living above our means since our bankruptcy has finished. and since being pregnant i just filed for a medical card and i have it till i have the baby so i cant really get a job right now, i would have no medical, no babysitter id be working to pay for daycare. im looking for a babysitting gig of house cleaning gig, but its not easy. i cant find anything :( any moms out there know a way i can for sure make some cash? i have some things listed on craigslist as well but have had no calls... i know well get through it but i just about feel like giving up tonight! i just want our bills caught up... i know i know. me and the rest of the world.

Oh yea, and the starter went out on our car yesterday so now we have one car and no money to fix it. :(

mbright3747

Asked by mbright3747 at 9:53 PM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Money & Work

• My husband just made over $300 selling books to Amazon.com and abebooks.com. You just type in the books you have, find out what they'll pay for them - then you print up a shipping label and mail them COD and the buyers pay for the shipping too. (Amazon only gives store credit but the other one gives cash).

House cleaning is a word of mouth business. Get the word out to your friends and family that you are looking to pick up some clients. Put up some flyers with those tags people rip off your number from. You've got to really put it out there that you are looking to do this. House cleaning is also more realistic because a lot of people won't hire a baby sitter who brings their own child along because they think their child won't get the attention they desire.
    Good old fashioned tag sales are usually good for a couple hundred bucks or so, especially if you have some large items like furniture.
    Good luck! Hang in there!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:04 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• First take a deep breath...Try having a garage sale or sell things on ebay....you'll get some extra cash. Look into selling gold or silver jewelry you don't wear anymore.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 10:27 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Sell what you can on ebay or a garage sale. Then eliminate things like fancy cell phones, TV subscriptions etc. Now you have a choice. You can use that money to pay a bill and then you are right back where you started ( because life and bills continue to pile up). Or you can use that money to start a home based business, get to work and work hard, and you will begin to EARN money. I can help you if you are motivated and have the desire to succeed. ( sounds like you do).
    Rota

Answer by Rota at 8:38 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization (along with small business marketing and medical billing), I also do career and job search coaching.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:46 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I don't know if this is the answer for you, but it has helped me. I am a fashion consultant for Vault Denim. You can do this in YOUR home rather than going to the homes of others. You will then earn the hostess credit & avoid paying a sitter. You will need to clean your house...something I HATE doing!!! :) Here's some additional info.

VAULT DENIM CARES ABOUT YOUR BOTTOM LINE!

Interested in becoming a Vault Denim Fashion Consultant?

No inventory to purchase. No Overhead! How Great is that??

Here is how it works!

Regional Director or coordinators will have all the inventory jeans ON HAND for you to check out, like a library system, to take to your parties! If you sell them, you’ll receive your commission on the 15th or 30th of the month; If you don’t sell them, you return the jeans to her until your next party! It’s that simple. Check out my website www.vaultdenim.com/nickiaddison
    nickirae11

Answer by nickirae11 at 1:09 PM on Jun. 15, 2011