Early Dismissal?

Anyone else have early dismissal tomorrow because of this crazy weather? I'm in CT and it's supposed to be high 90's and HUMID. bleh

liss05

Asked by liss05 at 10:02 PM on Jun. 8, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• our schools are already out for the summer. Early dismissal for heat?? holy cow! I grew up in Alaska and we only got early dismissal for weather 2 times during all of my school years there (K thru 12), and it was definately NOT because it was too warm. WOW!
    shareleann

Answer by shareleann at 5:47 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Yes
    What I don't get is--we didn't have early dismissals when it was hot when I was a kid and we couldn't wear shorts to school. What's up with that?
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:06 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I know I feel the same way like snow days weren't bad enough this year?
    liss05

Comment by liss05 (original poster) at 10:10 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I am in NJ....suppose to be 100 tomorrow..

and yes....early dismissal..
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 10:44 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• No
    AllThatBabyJazz

Answer by AllThatBabyJazz at 10:54 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• our schools are already out for the summer.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 11:07 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Early dismissal today & tomorrow here. We were already on shorten days Friday through the last day on Wednesday. My DH is a big weather buff with a Davis Weather System that gives the exact details of every weather data component for our backyard. The Davis said we hit a high of 98 today with a heat index of 115. I don't see the big deal about leaving school early when it's THAT hot and grades were turned in a week ago. On the agenda for my DD"s 1st grade class today? some review worksheets, ice cream party, board games, cleaning the classroom. Seriously? The hour and a half they lost with early dismissal wasn't making them miss anything other than another round of Yahtzee.

As for what we did as kids - we also didn't wear bike helmets or have car seats and booster seats. We inhaled 2nd hand smoke. We did a lot of things no one would dream of doing today. Just because it's different than our youth doesn't make it wrong.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 11:35 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• no, and im surprized not. when I was in highschool, granted this was like 12 years ago but we got early dissmissals at the end of the year because of hazardas weather. my boys arent allowed on recess though
    Leelee1008

Answer by Leelee1008 at 11:54 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• We have had early dismissals at our school for weather reasons
    heathermichelle

Answer by heathermichelle at 2:34 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Our school is already on Summer break.
    KamiB79

Answer by KamiB79 at 2:29 PM on Jun. 9, 2011