Nurse rammed needle adult content

nurse rammed the last shot into my baby leg when she saw that insurance was pending on dr bill from when she was born then she yanked needle out straight. the baby leg bled bad i had my head turned comforting the baby but my aunt n her daughter saw it. my usually calm baby has been screaming and fussy since. i know they get fussy with shots but none of my girls was this bad i think my daughter is really hurting. yes she is being given Tylenol under Dr directions. then they threatened to cancel her next appointment if her insurance doesn't have us choose her Dr , our insurance does not do that. i am waiting for her Dr to come back so i can let her know what her staff is doing. i am really angry with them. the Dr's are good Dr's but i think they need better staff.

WildCat73

Asked by WildCat73 at 10:06 PM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i would report her asap! that is not allowed!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 10:11 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I'd definitely be addressing my concerns with the doctor.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 10:11 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• It's alway the staff that's careless and don't give a shit about anything, figure they prolly making very little money and a lot of work. I would talk to the Dr directly instead of wasting time with the staff. Should startting looking around for new dr, I"m sure there's better one out there. If you decide to stay you have to warn them before they give out shots, I know those ppl usually take shots very fast before you can see it and they are done.
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 10:32 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• she did not stick it in normal or pull it out normal it was rammed in, the first two went fine and normal but the last one she opened up paper which said insurance payment pending then she she jabbed it /rammed it in hard. it is hard to explain but when they told me what they saw i knew it was not right either. the needle has to go in at angle and out at angle. you know how they normally pull shot needles out she did not she pulled it straight out without moving it back hopefully you can understand what im trying to say.
    WildCat73

Comment by WildCat73 (original poster) at 10:25 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• if she was being mean i would say report her, but the whole putting it in at an angle thing im not sure about, all of my nurses have just jammed it in as fast as possible and yanked it out, but they were never being mean.
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 10:32 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I have given many shots, and I can tell you if it is a shot that goes in the muscle you dart it straight in; in one quick movement because it hurts less than pushing in in slowly. Also you pull it straight out, the same angle that it went in.. I feel like I am ramming my pts also but that is how its done.. She may not have done anything wrong.. Also some shots hurt more than others, some kids will be fussy, more so than other kids.. Each child will react different, one of mine didn't shed a tear, my other one cried very softly and my son screamed like someone was killing him.. All reacted very different KWIM.. If you feel something is wrong, please speak up.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 10:43 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I'm confused. If they don't stick the needle in, how does the vaccine get into their body? And I think I would want them to pull the needle back out afterward instead of leaving it in there. Or did she stick the needle in and not give the vaccine? Or was the baby not getting a vaccine and the nurse just stuck her with a needle to mean? If you're concerned, talk to the Dr or their office manager about it.
    Anonymous