How painful were your braxton hicks?

With my 2 girl braxtons hicks for me were just tightening of my tummy and a slight squeezing feeling. Lately with my current pregnancy they have gotten pretty painful. I literally feel like the I am having a labor contraction when it happens. The cramping will start in my back and move around to the lower front of my abdomen. Is this something I need to discuss with my OB or is it normal with it being my 3rd pregnancy. I am 25 weeks. They are not consistent so no reason for alarm that I am in labor. I have 3 to 4 a day at different times of the day.

amber1330

Asked by amber1330 at 10:13 PM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Sounds fine to me. I started having serious BH contractions when I hit 6 months with my twins but my OB told me they were fine as long as they weren't consistent. But for your peace of mind, talk to your OB so he or she can reassure you.
    truthzbeauty

Answer by truthzbeauty at 3:18 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I would say talk to your doctor just to be on the safe side. Also because its your 3rd pregnancy you know what to expect and what they feel like so maybe thats why they feel stronger. With my daughter I didnt feel them at all but I think thats because I didnt know what they felt like. This time I feel them because I know what to look for.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 10:22 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• i wouldnt worry unless they are consistant. I had them with my first daughter the whole way through my pregnancy and i was worried a couple times. They thought for sure i would go into real labor way early but i didnt only 5 days! so unless them get really stong and consistant i wouldnt worry!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 10:24 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• my braxon hicks were soo painful i thought i was actually in labor for awhile...but i wasnt and when i went into labor my contractions werent that bad untill the potcin kicked..gl
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 9:27 AM on Jun. 9, 2011