Oh god -.- i think his mom made the ex mad D: (ventish..if you want to give me advice ill gladly take it...i kinda need it)

i was just thinking about the party my boyfriends family threw a few weeks ago for his brother coming home from the navy and realized my boyfriends mom probably pissed the ex off O.O heres what happened

me and my boyfriends ex are trying to get along since im having their daughters half brother, so she came to the party they threw for the brother coming home from the navy...anyway when the ex got there the little girl was fussy and only wanted to be held (she just turned a year on april 23rd btw) the little girl walked up to me held out her arms and almost started to cry so i picked her up while the ex was standing next to me all of a sudden i hear my boyfriends mom (in broken english) say "oh look she thinks shes second mommy" O.O uh oh, after that the ex didn't talk at all she sat far away from everyone while the daughter was sitting on my lap (the whole entire time...till she took a nap) and to take the attention off of me i tried putting her in her daddies(my boyfriend) lap but cried and clung to my hair. after that day shes been acting really weird wont talk to me...thinks ill get annoyed if she talks to me, and barely lets my boyfriend see the baby now (granted he is working now....yay lol)

i mean i know i dont have to put up with her i dont have to try to be her "friend" but if i want my son and their daughter to know each other im gonna kinda have to try to talk to her eventually, im kinda getting the feeling she thinks im trying to take her mommy status away...which i would never do since i know how much it hurt my mom knowing i was calling my step mom "mommy"

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:23 PM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• if that is how you feel i would call her and ask to talk in person, if she wont try over the phone if she doesnt want that either send a message some how. and explain to her that you are NOT trying to take her spot as mommy, but that you love her daughter very much. after that its out of your hands you did what you could. and if she is not letting her dad see her its tiem to go to court to get a custody in writing!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 10:27 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• i think that yes she is proabably a little threatened by you and maybe that is why she acted the way she did. And i commend you for trying to do the right thing by them. I agree with babymaddy try and communicatr with her in a non threatening way and if that doesn't work then you just have to tell yourself that you tried
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 10:42 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• If it was me I'd let your boyfriend talk to his ex. She may not take all this very well coming from you. This wasn't your fault at all, kids will reach out to whoever they feel for, and she was reaching out for you. I don't think you've done anything wrong.

I've been in the same position myself, when I was around my niece she often wanted me and would cry if I tried to give her back to mommy.

But I would let the little girls father talk to his ex, his ex may consider it more his place.
    Anonymous

• I would call your BF's ex and just say that you don't want to take the mommy status from her, but you would like to get along with her so that her daughter and your son can be closer siblings. I'd have your bf talk to his mom about how she words things too. I think if something ever happened to my husband and I and we weren't together and, I was in the same situation...I would have cried to hear his mother say that. I would have been offended, even if she didn't mean it that way, my husbands parents don't speak english very well, so things get mixed up a lot, but that comment would have hurt me.
    monstersmommy20

Answer by monstersmommy20 at 1:52 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• people and their comments. some like to stir it up. give her time, soon she will see the kind, caring person you are.
    dmr73059

Answer by dmr73059 at 5:42 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• first of all if i was the ex i wouldn't have come to an ex's brothers party. i'm sure she got a little hurt by that comment and probably hates herself for coming to that party. if you want a relationship with her of some kind, i would call her up and ask her to lunch without the daughter so that way the daughter doesn't start with you and wanting you to hold her and stuff. and put both of your feelings out there. and see if you can work something out or whatever.
    lucky35

Answer by lucky35 at 2:43 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Your bf's mom sounds like she might like to create drama. Had it been me, when I heard her say what she did, I would have taken the baby and handed her to her mom. That way the mother could see you truly weren't trying to do anything! I would call her, invite her to lunch and talk this out. I think it's great you're trying to keep this peaceful! Don't let the bf's mom create turmoil! That baby (and yours) needs stability!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 9:50 AM on Jun. 10, 2011