Would he survive if......

I am 32 and 4 wks pregnant. The baby, according to the most accurate way (ultrasound) is about 6lbs and around 18 inches long. I went on a walk today, flat walk...no hills. It was 1/2 a mile one way and 1/2 a mile the other way. On the way back, I started to get really bad lower tummy pain and pelvic pain and was having problems catching my breath. If, for some reason, I was to go into labor because of all this....would my son survive and what would I be looking at for NICU stay?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:51 PM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• with todays medicine he has a good chance at living. If i were you I would take it easy, don't push yourself so much.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:55 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Don't assume anything. Drink a lot of water and relax. If symptoms have died down call your OB/midwife in the morning to see what they think the cause is!! If you are still having trouble/pain right now call them now!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:55 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• My belly is just a little sore from it but nothing like the pain was. I have an appt in the morning. I will update then.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:58 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• At 4 weeks? Unfortunately, no. Is that accurate? Typically at 24 weeks, it is considered viable for a baby to survive. But it will require a NICU stay. But at 24 weeks, the doctors would try to stop your labor.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 10:58 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• opps I read wrong I thought I read 32 and 4 weeks pregnant. No if you are only 4 weeks pregnant then no they cant save the baby
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:05 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• are you saying you are 32 years old and 4 weeks prego, or you are basicly 33 weeks? i am guessing because of the weight you are saying 33 weeks since 4 weeks is normally a month. its hard to say if a baby would survive, but the chances are very high since 37 weeks is full term, and a friend of mine delivered at 32 weeks with twins and was in NICU 6 weeks.
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 11:08 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I am 32.4 weeks....meaning I am 32 weeks and 4 days.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:15 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• DD was born at 31 weeks and did not need any assistance other than feeding...she could not do the breathe, swallow, suck thing all at the same time. Weighed 4 pounds 1 ounce and went home 4-1/2 weeks after she was born.

With today's medical breakthroughs, luck would definitely be on your side!
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 11:37 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I am sorry. I read 32 years and 4 weeks. At 32 weeks, almost 33 weeks, you could deliver healthy. The doctors may try to stop labor, but really, that's pretty close to full term. My niece was about 32-33 weeks when she was born. Low birth weight because she was early, but that was it.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 11:37 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Mom1Stepmom1: any time in NICU?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:40 PM on Jun. 8, 2011