What do you use to spank or dicipline your child?

I don't really use the belt anymore I use a plastic spoon.
Not so much to beat on them but to make it sting with one small hit then they know I mean business, I wish I did not have to do this but it is the only way that they mind me. Any ideas...Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:21 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Good grief people. I was spanked with a wooden spoon and spank a few times with a belt and I now do NOT see that as child abuse unless the person is doing it more than 3 times when swatting. Sometimes that's just what they need! Buttt it's not working for the poster, so I say take away their things and make them earn it back one at a time.

Anonymous

• if this is the only way that they "mind you".. then you must have done something wrong.

sorry, but im totally against this shit you just said.... in my opinion its child abuse...

poor kids

now let the bashing at me begin....
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 7:23 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Belt, one swat for the serious offenses. Corner or writing rules 100 times usually does the trick though. I haven't had to spank two of mine in over a year now, but there is one I had to spank a few weeks ago.
    Geminus

Answer by Geminus at 7:24 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Belt?.. thats SICK!!!! get help girls.. you should try to talk to your child!
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 7:25 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Belt? I never had to use anything but my hand. I am sorry. I CALL BS! TROLL TROLL TROLL TROLL TROLL
    Anonymous

• I agree with the first poster. If a swat with a plastic spoon is not getting there attention, it probably wont. Think of it like this.......if you constantly have to swat the kids, what is this teaching them? They act up, you loose control give a swat and its over...........they know the routine.

Rome wasnt built in a day. Trying alternative ways of discipline is a slow process sometimes. Helping kids own up to there choice behavior is a learned experience. You have to be consistant and quick. You cannot back down. Sit down with your kids one at a time. Tell them things have to change in the house. Explain what the new rules are. Tell them what to expect and then stick to it. Give them a chance to put there input into the new rules as well.

Remember to notice "good behaviors". You dont have to over do it. Occassionally point out "that you appreciated this or that".
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 7:55 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• you should never use anything but your hand, NEVER a belt! omg....
    chloe_romano

Answer by chloe_romano at 8:04 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I believe that only ignorant people without creative discipline ideas have to resort to spanking.
    This is apalling!
    Anonymous