Im not growing right for my third trimester!

ive been experiencing a number of problems with this pregnancy, but my biggest one is that people still think i'm only 3 months pregnant instead of almost 8!

rach.s92

Asked by rach.s92 at 10:56 PM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• If the OB isn't concerned, then don't concern yourself with what others say.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:02 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I have a family member (had two kids) and both times she was pregnant....she looked the same way. Both of her babies were 9 pound babies. Don't worry yourself over something that could be nothing. Talk to your doctor about your concerns. If he/she doesn't ease your mind, go get a second opinion!
    cmgIII

Answer by cmgIII at 11:23 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• i don't even look pregnant and i'm going on 7 months so don't feel to bad
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 11:49 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Some women show differently than others. Just as some women gain weight and others lose weight while pregnant. The fact is everyone is different. As long as the doctor isnt concearned and everything else is fine I wouldnt worry about it. If people comment about how you only look 3 months instead of 8 months comment back with some thing like "well I guess I'll get my old figure back a lot sooner than most".
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 11:51 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• what about severe bleeding? my ob didnt see any reason to do anything for me then! i was bleeding profusely for 30 to 45 minutes (vaginal canal) and went to the ER but they didnt find anything wrong and they sent me home. I told my OB about it (the hospital hadnt bothered to send her a fax or any info on my problem) and all she said was," Well, you must have done something to trigger it and I dont deal with your kind." thats it. im still concerned about everything! but thanks for the help.
    rach.s92

Comment by rach.s92 (original poster) at 11:51 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I would be finding a new OB.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 12:05 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• "I don't deal with your kind"!!!!

I would be OUT of the office and finding a new care provider SO fast! If you are concerned it is her job to alleviate that concern, look into the problem and refer you to the proper care providers.
    Yes, you could have just irritated something, but it sounds like it might be something else. I would definitely call around to see if you can get a second opinion. I don't want to scare you, but you need to stand your ground and get the proper care for you and your baby.
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 12:06 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• One the other note, looking small is not always that big of a deal, I'm the same way. I have a long torso so the baby has lots of room. My boss asked not to tell my co-workers I was going on mat-leave and I hid my pregnancy for 7 months!
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 12:09 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• First it depends on what # pregnancy this is for you... you take longer to expand on your first because you body is not sure what is going on in the popping scene. I myself am only 9 weeks and look very pregnant and I'm trying to hide it for a little bit but being pregnancy # 7 my body just wants to pop. Also some people just don't get very big.... if this is the case be great-full because it will be less work to return to anything like you use to be. My first kid popped out after gaining 70 lbs that's almost double my weight at the time and it to me 14 years to get back in shape and then that was a side effect of being a ski lift op. and shoveling snow and picking up people 8 hours a day... then I got prego again go figure. Finally don't worry unless your dr tells you to... enjoy your pregnancy.
    Mommy_Aiken

Answer by Mommy_Aiken at 12:23 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• tobys.mommy ... What kind of idiot do you work for... sorry but that seems like harassment to me. Like the lady my niece worked for refused her med. note from the Dr so she did not have to make any adjustments. I would have not said anything then left my what to expect when your expecting book lying around with my name in it. Sorry every women should be able to share and enjoy pregnancy and not have to hide it because of some turd.
    Mommy_Aiken

Answer by Mommy_Aiken at 12:35 AM on Jun. 9, 2011