Just read that 50% of marriages in the US now end in divorce.....so.......

my question is this...if you get divorced, would you remarry?

God forbid my marriage should end, but if it does because you never know...I wouldn't get remarried. I am only going down the aisle once and that is it. I am keeping my married last name but becoming a Mrs. again...don't think so.

Would you, or have you?

GomezMami2908

Asked by GomezMami2908 at 11:00 PM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• If for any reason this marriage ended, I would not remarry. I have been with my husband since I was 17 years old and I would not want anyone else.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:36 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• No I would not remarry if I were to divorce.. I wouldn't even remarry if I became a widow.

Not because I have anything against marriage as a whole. Not because I have a miserable marriage (quite the opposite) and don't want to experience marriage again..Nor because I just love my husband so very much that I could never see myself with another man... It's simply the fact that at this moment I am 48 years old and I have been married for 26 years, I know what it takes to keep a marriage a happy and healthy one. I do not have it in me to start all over again with someone new, I really do not have any desire to put that amount of effort into a relationship again at this stage of my life.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 11:05 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I dont play that game... we dont ever discuss what if that.

IF my husband passed or I passed and we found ourselves alone we both agree that we would hope the other person would fall in love again and marry. I would be heartbroken to think of my husband growing old alone with out a wife to share his joy, love, passion.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• At this point I'd have to say NO. I've been married nearly 13 yrs and it's been good. I want to keep thinking marriage is a good thing.
    dlee620

Answer by dlee620 at 1:23 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• i am stil in my first marriage and we are doing well but as for re-marrying if i got a difforce i would like to say that i wouldnt b/c i have always thought that i would only do it once but i can never say never. I would have to be in that situation to answer it correctly i think
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 11:02 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I am divorced

and YES I did remarry..

Only this time I did it right!

Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 11:03 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• i would do exactly what you said. and no i would never remarry. he is it for me.
    oh and it actually does look like we are going to get divorced even though im still hoping and praying he changes his mind
    Ronnies_Girl

Answer by Ronnies_Girl at 11:04 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Nope. One marriage is good enough for me.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:04 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I have. I got married when I was young and stupid (18) and it only lasted for 4 months. I have been married to my current husband for 20 years. The only thing that will seperate us is death. If that were to happen, I doubt I'd remarry. I'm sure I'd compare any man I met to my husband and I'm afraid they just couldn't measure up.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 11:05 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I am remarried but would not divorce again without trying harder....also I heard that 15% of divorce is because of video games which is not a surprise to me
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 11:08 PM on Jun. 8, 2011