How far into your pregnancy did you or will you work?

MommyOfTheBest2

Asked by MommyOfTheBest2 at 11:05 PM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• With all three of my lovely children I worked up until a Friday and delivered on Sunday. So I worked to the bitter end and I am sooo glad I did i would have gone nuts sitting around like a blimp waiting for labor.
    blackisbetter

Answer by blackisbetter at 11:06 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I dropped to part time around 7 months and started maternity leave the last 2 weeks before babies 2 and 3 were born. With the first, I was on bed rest starting 3 weeks before he was born, I only worked part time anyways at that point .
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 11:08 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• i worked for 8 1/2 months.. then my boss told me i should go on maternity leave. of course this was with my oldest son.. i was very healthy at the time and i walked a mile every day to get to the bus station. my job was 2 hours away ... i tried getting another job but no one would hire me cause i was young and pregnant.. so i stayed with my job i had for 2 years. i was a car hop so that made things a little bit harder.. i was always exhausted. .. i would not try that again!! lol
    EvansMommy31605

Answer by EvansMommy31605 at 11:09 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I worked until the end of my 2nd tri-mester as I was a high risk pregnancy. I have also known some woman to be able to work all the way until they give birth. I think that this is a personal decision for any woman and as long as both you and the baby are healthy you should be able to work as long as you can. GO MOM'S!
    TreasureThis882

Answer by TreasureThis882 at 11:10 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I worked up until 10 hours before I went in to be induced (after my due date).
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 11:15 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I worked with DS until I was about 6 days late. With DD I worked until a week before her scheduled delivery. I would have worked a little longer but there was Christmas mixed in there. She was born Dec. 27th.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:15 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I worked up until the day before I went into labor. Got off work at 12pm and had my first contraction at 2:38am. Couldn't bring myself to go back after my maternity leave though....
    cmgIII

Answer by cmgIII at 11:17 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I was a teacher when my first four kids were born and their births all co-incided with school holidays so I barely missed a days' work. It really depends what your job is, though. I wanted to keep busy, as blackisbetter says, because you'd just be sitting around getting more and more impatient, more and more uncomfortable. But if your job is strenuous or dangerous when pregnant, then certainly consider stopping sooner.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 11:30 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• #1 40.5 weeks
    #2 about 16 weeks (quit due to stress & getting married)
    #3 34 or 35 weeks - would have longer but kept going into preterm labor
    #4 12 weeks, doc said quit or I'd miscarry
    #5 was a sahm already
    Anonymous

• For my first until I was 8 months and for my second the whole 9 months.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 11:42 PM on Jun. 8, 2011