Queation about knowing the if your pregnant or starting menopause...

Ok I am 2 1/2 weeks late. I have no symptoms of pregnancy except no period. I did take 2 different.
Pregnancy tests over a week apart and both are negative. We only have protected sex (condoms yuk) but know it is a must. I am 41 years old and my mom started menopause at 39. I lookedover the signs for menopause and have about 5 of them. If you have gone through this can you please give me some insight? Thank you (my few pregnancies always showed right away and I had a variety of systems unlike know, please help me calm my nerves)

mommy2each

Asked by mommy2each at 11:12 PM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Health

• *hugs* I had my youngest at age 42 and am now 45, still no menopause, so I can't give you any medical insights on that possibility, but I can tell you having a baby in your 40's is quite an experience! I was so worried that I wouldn't be up to it, but it's been a fantastic journey so far! My eldest (son) is 20, so when the two of them go out together (and she ADORES him!) folks think he's her father! :D
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 11:16 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• As far as I know women go through menopause around the same age as their moms. So if your mom went through memopause at 39, and you know from previous pregnancies that you experience symptoms, I would think you're probably going to go through it soon. However, I think it's best to schedue an appt with your doctor and talk to her/him. I think that there is a blood test that they do that gives them an idea if you're close to menopause.
    Ashoonik

Answer by Ashoonik at 11:26 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• i had always had long bloody periods. i had terrible PMS after my last baby. at age 48 my periods just stopped. i did have several symptoms for a couple of years, like forgetfullness and hot flashes. i was so lucky that my periods ended that way, because what i had read and heard about menopause, i was afaird of going through it. however,   it was no problem and makes me happy that i dont have to worry about birth control or periods. it is quiet possible that your body is getting ready  for the change and you may notice that your periods arent in a timely manner, in fact you may go a month or two with no period, (if it is menopause.) my first sign of pregrency everytime was my breasts became sore and were larger.

dmr73059

Answer by dmr73059 at 5:12 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• dmr73059 - for the last 5 to 6 months I have been the same way. My cramps have been worse and my periods alot heavier. Just thought it was me. I also had the same symptoms with my breasts being very sore and in actuality I always lost weight and my pants always fit very loose. Nothing has changed for me except no period. I also did have my cramps and nausea like normal - like I was going to start but never did. I think I am going to call my doc today anyways. I am overdue for my yearly anyways. LOL

Thank you.
    mommy2each

Comment by mommy2each (original poster) at 10:41 AM on Jun. 9, 2011