Is Yo Gabba Gabba disturbing ....

Today my son was watching this show and I had a friend over. I told her to "look at the read guy and tell me what you think when you see him." He comes on the screen and she busts out laughing and said "he looks like a big red penis with arms and legs and some warts maybe?" I was like glad I'm not the only one! Later I'm showing her something on youtube and find http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoF3mndWRh4 we were both dieing laughing we thought we were the only ones who thought that. Who comes up with this stuff and what were they thinking? Did nobody who writes that show think any of the parents would notice this?

babyfat5

Asked by babyfat5 at 7:22 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• lol* it scares me like the buubahes?sp.. but hey if anything will make my boys stop and sit down for almost 30 mins is my best friend...this is like the only show that will make them do this and also osward...

I cant stand dasie on there she is on crack or something

to answer your questions
    your thoughts were like mine lol* with the penis. Its colleges who come up with shows like that*EDU* shows...but sometimes think there way high.
    2) they add thing like that so the parents have something to watch too!!! whoohoo.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 7:26 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Yes I agree totally that show is a little disturbing.
    2under2755

Answer by 2under2755 at 7:25 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• OMG i thought I was the only one who thought he look like a penis. I am glad to know I am not alone. My dd likes it and keeps asking me why I dont like gabba babba (as she calls it) UGGGGHH I hate that show.
    lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 8:03 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• i think if you look at anything you can turn it around why cant things just be what they are meant to be. a cyclope monster thing.
    Anonymous

• What's disturbing to me is how adults can make pretty much anything perverse! Children don't think like that until someone teaches them to! My 3 yr old loves that show and it teaches her alot too!
    Anonymous

• I like that show. They play and sing and dance and make good things cool. Like veggies. But that guy is a little weird. i just thought he was a flamer. But to each his own.
    berrysweetmamma

Answer by berrysweetmamma at 11:28 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I think a lot of the shows that are marketed for children are often odd and not really appropriate for children in many ways. I don't actually have a television in the main area of my house. It is in our office downstairs...my toddler gets only a few minutes a week while we give him a nebulizer treatment. Mostly he doesn't watch. When we do it always amazes me what is popular. I hate sponge bob. I can't stand it. And foster's home for imaginary friends, and my list can go on and on. And grown adults find it all so funny. I admit I am more serious minded but cartoons I liked didn't look like a giant penis or have grown adults dancing around stage dressed in solid primary colors with dinosaurs and dogs - I hate The Wiggles and my toddler adores them. So when we have t.v. he gets to watch and I cringe.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 11:53 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Disturbing, annoying, whatever you wanna call it... I hate that show!!! I have never actually watched it except to hear it come on so I could change the channel... thanks now I have to watch to see what youre talking about LOL!!
    7mom1977

Answer by 7mom1977 at 8:59 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• LMFAO!!! OMG I said to my husband that Muno looks like a one eyed dildo! Too freakin funny. Yes I hate that show it is freakin disturbing...but the kids love the repetition...any disturbing show is always a hit...Teletubbies...Booba..all repitition...toddlers eat it up.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:29 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• ARE YOU SERIOUS? I love that show! It is very positive and fun for my kids. So the characters are a little creepy...better than spongebob!
    bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 12:22 AM on Dec. 12, 2008