My best friend...

My best friend always wanted to be a writer or a photographer but she dropped out of college. She was doing so well. I tried to push her back into going, but she said she's happy with the job she has at a local grocery store. I think She's barely making it, and her grandpa left her a house that she has to pay for.

I am still in high school, but I am going to a design school that my parents are paying for. I want her to have what I have and be able to finish school.

I'm just worried about her and really want her to go back to school.

How can I get her to go back to school and do something with her life?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:25 PM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Adult Children (18+)

• You can't. We all make our own choices. For her to throw it back at you is very immature but is also completely irrelevant. She makes her choices, you make yours.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 11:27 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• You can't get her to do anything. You've already encouraged her to go abut she won't. Now its time to worry about yourself and move on to bigger and better things. If she wants to stay at a minimum wage job then thats her life. Time to worry about your own and focus on yourself. Good Luck in school!
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:27 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Support her as a friend in whatever path she chooses. She is only hurting herself, so let her make her choices. You push her too hard and she will end up feeling unsupported and inferior,
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 11:29 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• You can't. It's her life and her choice.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:00 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• It is her life, and she needs to decide what she wants to do, and what is best for her. All you can do is 'suggest', and then support whatever choice she makes even if it is not something you agree with.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:39 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Her life, her choice! She's an adult and you are still in high school.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 2:32 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• sorry hon, there's no way you can make her do something.
    nybor48

Answer by nybor48 at 5:08 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• all u can do is hope she comes around sooner rather than later
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 4:24 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• you can't, its her choice. and who knows maybe she really is happy. some people are simple and value their time different. Thats ok, we all have that right.
    GirlWithANikon

Answer by GirlWithANikon at 3:41 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• All you can do is be there for her.... she is going to have to choose what she wants in this life.... I know... sometimes I wish folks had a remote control to make them do what they are supposed to do also, lol!
    momof2redhedz

Answer by momof2redhedz at 12:44 AM on Jul. 3, 2011