Frustrated and venting

I am 34 weeks pregnant. Very uncomfortable due to the 3rd trimester pregnancy symptons and there for very mood swingy. I'm a full time college student and I take care of my 4 year old daughter. I'm frustrated because I had a project to do for school and I was having trouble so asked teacher for help. He said to send him my project via email, so I did. He says it looks fine and I turned it in. We got grades back today and he says I made some errors. Wtf?! Then he says looked at attached grading rubric for more info. Alot of good that does. It just tells me that I made some mistakes and lost points for them. How am I suppose to know what mistakes I made if he doesnt tell me or explain it to me? Was I wrong to get a little bit of an attitude with my teacher when asking him this? I mean seriously how am I not to make the same mistakes in the future if I dont even know what I did wrong in the first place?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:31 PM on Jun. 8, 2011 in

• Uggh. I dont' think it's a pregnancy-induced over-reaction. Your lecturer sounds like an ass. *hugs*
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 11:35 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I totally agree with you. Your teachers are there to do just that, teach! I would be very irritated and possibly contact him about it further to ask him how you could have done better. If he still refuses to help you, I would go to the school board about your concerns. I don't understand why some people become teachers when they don't like to teach. Bleh.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 11:36 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• He was in the wrong... he should have gave you guidance in the first place when you asked. The mistakes where probably there the first time and he ignored them I would insist on a better grade or grade improvement and he should re-correct it and give you feed back.. or take a pay cut lol.
    Mommy_Aiken

Answer by Mommy_Aiken at 11:46 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Honey, I'm right there with you. I am a full time retail manager, a full time student, and a mother of two with one on the way. I have an instructor that is just like that if not worse. He will give us whats on the test and when we get it nothing he told us will be on it. I have finals next week and I'm a little worried that my 4.0 GPA is gone down the drain thanks to him. He literally said tongiht, "I could careless if any of you pass or fail." It's nothing to do with your pregnancy. Some professors really could care less about their students. Good luck.
    1Mady

Answer by 1Mady at 12:28 AM on Jun. 9, 2011