This is my future career we're talking about.....

I am 34 weeks pregnant. Very uncomfortable due to the 3rd trimester pregnancy symptons and there for very mood swingy. I'm a full time college student and I take care of my 4 year old daughter. I'm frustrated because I had a project to do for school and I was having trouble so asked teacher for help. He said to send him my project via email, so I did. He says it looks fine and I turned it in. We got grades back today and he says I made some errors. Wtf?! Then he says looked at attached grading rubric for more info. Alot of good that does. It just tells me that I made some mistakes and lost points for them. How am I suppose to know what mistakes I made if he doesnt tell me or explain it to me? Was I wrong to get a little bit of an attitude with my teacher when asking him this? I mean seriously how am I not to make the same mistakes in the future if I dont even know what I did wrong in the first place?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:32 PM on Jun. 8, 2011 in

• All I can say is, when you ask for too much help sometimes it's just as bad as having someone else do your work for you. Maybe that's where he was coming from. Maybe he didn't even catch the mistakes until he went to actually grade it. I wouldn't freak out too much about it unless it was a substantial drop.
    Anonymous

• Well, on the grading rubric is it saying you lost points for spelling/grammar, or not fully answering a section? On the rubric it should have marks on the sections that lost points, go back over them and really make sure you fully compleated what it was asking for. Sometimes it's hard to know what you lost points for exactly, as the pp said, if it wasn't a significant grade drop then I wouldn't worry too much about it. Just really make sure you follow the rubric and go as in depth as possible on your subject, while watching for grammatical errors of course :). GL
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 12:00 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

Next question in
Frustrated and venting