• In the Spotlight:

Can I? Would it be ok if I?

swallow a small amount of VICKS VAPOR RUB?

see ive had a cold for about a week now, ive been taking everything from dayquil, to tylenol cold, to alkeselzer (SP) cold, to help get rid of it but nothing is helping.
I was told that if you swallow a small amount of vapor rub that it will eat up the cold and just come out of you.

What do you ladies think? Would it be ok?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:27 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Health

• it says somewhere on there do not digest..i really wouldnt..try putting it on the bottom of your feet with socks on heard that works
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 7:30 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Yeah.. I really wouldn't try it. It could make everything worse.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 7:32 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I think the best thing is lots and lots of fluids. Try to just drink water like crazy. That usually helps me.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:35 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• The best thing to do is have plenty of fruits and greens....try some green smoothies out. Seriously..it will help you recover quickly.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/greensmoothie
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 7:44 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I am not sure but I do remember an uncle of mine who use to do this. I remember watching him do this he would scoop with his index finger and open wide and place it at the bottom of his throat.
    I was alittle girl at the time, that is all I remember and of course I could hear him spitting out. I guess it helped him because he did fine. GL
    I guess alittle bit won't hurt. Hope you feel better quick.
    Anonymous

• i wouldn't you have no idea what the side affects might be later on. Try vitamin C tons of it get some rest and some chicken soup. If you still have this cold go to the doctor maybe you have the flu.
    dimples367

Answer by dimples367 at 12:57 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• What quack told you this? If it says on the jar for external use only that is exactally what it means!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:17 AM on Dec. 11, 2008