Cleaning a non washable toy

i spilled hot sauce on one of my daughters toys that you cant throw in the wash. I usually jus wipe it down but i split a lot of hot sauce on it. what can I do to get it out of the cloth? Its a musical lamb

minki111

Asked by minki111 at 11:44 PM on Jun. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• wash it anyways and then just line dry it. my daughters pillow is a pillow pet and it says to dont wash it and i have washed it several times and just line dry it, nothing has ever happend to it!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 11:46 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• My 6-yo's musical bear has been through the wash more times than I can count. Eventually, it stopped playing music, but the bear was more important than the music.

If you can isolate the spot, try dunking/resting affected lamb appendage in dish of warm water with detergent. Squeeze water gently through it. Repeat with clear water to rinse. Dry.

But once you get to the point (and if this is a favorite toy, you will!), know that washing (and even drying) is not ideal, and will eventually rust up the music box, the sweet toy will last years past where it would ordinarily have to be quarantined!
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 11:58 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Check to see if the musical part can be taken out. Most of my daughters toys have boxes that can be removed & then you can hand wash it without worry.
    shareleann

Answer by shareleann at 3:59 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Got the hot sauce out the best way possible
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 8:42 AM on Jun. 9, 2011