What kind of food can I leave out for company coming in late from a flight...will be arriving at our home around 2:00am???

Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:50 PM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Food & Drink

• apples and oranges, or a note that says if your hungry help yourself to the fridge!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 11:50 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• nuts , fruit , cereal
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 11:53 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I always prep my "pick'ns" as the family calls it and put it in the fridge until they arrive.

There is no need to leave it out until 2am. Im assuming if they are guests in your home you WILL be awake... even at that hour. You certainly wouldnt host someone from your bed.
    Anonymous

• how about fixing a salad or some sandwiches, covering them with sarran wrap and just putting them in the fridge. You can just set the table for them so they can just grab the food from the fridge and eat. Hope that helps.
    Ashoonik

Answer by Ashoonik at 11:55 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• You could leave fruit, crackers, cookies for the ones with a sweet tooth, granola bars, nuts.
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 11:55 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Actually it's my SIL and her dh...no biggie...lol and yes they can help themselves I am NOT going to stay up for them...lol I am sure they'll understand bc they will surely not stay up for us and I know this.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:00 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Donuts!!!
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 12:03 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• OH... I have never hosted anyone, nor been to anyone elses home, and not had the host and hostess awake to greet.

If that is how you do it, and they are ok with it, then the above suggestions are fine.

Im sure they wont be too hungry at that time anyway.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I would throw a fruit tray in the fridge and leave a note to help themselves
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:04 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• bagels!
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 12:14 AM on Jun. 9, 2011