Please help me find out if my friend is lying???

Long story short..... I believe he is a compulsive liar. Is there a way to find out, on line, if he has been discharged from the military? Or what his rank is? The story is tooooooooo long to post on here.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 PM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• Break it down and tell us about it...as far as finding anything out about him...is it will always come out in the wash after it is said and done. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 12:03 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Do you believe he is lying about being in the military? Which branch he is claiming to be in? what job? Tells us some details.
    Anyone who knows someone in the army/marines/navy/af or is married to anyone who has served will tell you if he is lying.
    kazmia

Answer by kazmia at 12:05 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• My sister almost raised this boy. He was abused by his adopted parents. His birth mother died when he was 6, his dad was in prison for rape. IDK where his dad is now. He enlisted in the Army at age 17, ended up in military prison for sleeping with someone of lower rank. I believe this because my sister went to court with him, 10 hours away from where we are and she vouched for this. He constantly lies about things that are so absurd. I don't say anything about it because it doesn't affect my life, but he claims to have had a daughter. This is the part that REALLY bothers me.... about 2 months after he got out of prison (he was there for 2 1/2 yrs) he said his daughter died. He always said she had medical problems, but I can't find any record of her. I finally figured out the name of the mother and cant find any info at all!!!! I've googled the crap out of everything I could and found ZIP!!! ~cont~
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:12 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• i'm afraid he lied about his daughters existence period. with the compulsion i believe he has, it is very possible he made it all up. But I don't want to accuse him without proof. So..... how do I find out for sure? I've already checked ancestry.com.... nothing.
    Thanks for any help!!!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:14 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• i dont think u can cuz thats goverment but ask his friends an family when u talk to him just spark it up like have u guys been friends all through his military life or did he meet u when worken as a military person or his parents how do u feel your son work to serve this country. an thats eather going to get him into shit with his family or they will answer truthfuly. But yes please tell more so we can answer better hun i come from people who has served in the army an have family an friends over their now. So i can ask anyone of them.
    BOOKER123ABC

Answer by BOOKER123ABC at 12:15 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• he also talks in circles any time we question him. I'm a sucker... I give everyone a chance. My dad has already written him off. And my sister is about to do the same. I just don't feel comfortable doing that if he has a serious mental disorder, which i'm most concerned about. He needs help, I'm afraid.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:18 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• A few things are raisin my BS flag. I was in the Army. 1) If you are under 18 you need parental permission, and signature, to allow you to enter training as a minor. My dad refused to sign for me so I HAD to wait until I was 18. 2) His jailing. Unless he was an E-5 or higher, and the person he was having sex with was and E-4 or below I don't see how he'd go to jail. Article 15 (military grounding) yes, jail no. Unless she was married and they were committing adultery.

My best suggestion is to go to your local recruiter's office and see what information they can give you. For the "daughter" maybe call around to local hospitals and see what you can get, or public records. But I'm not sure you could find a birth record without being one of the biological parents. Maybe hire a PI to do some digging/information gathering?
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:20 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• We are his family. His adoptive family has written him off. They are a little crazy too. Local, small town. One of their sons committed suicide so his mother would find him. The dad and other brother would beat this kid... hed show us the marks when he was 11 or so. He has every reason to be a basket case. But the lies.... they are just too much. And if he lied about having a daughter... especially one that died.... that might just be the end of any kind of relationship I can have with him. Its too much. how can you lie about that? I'm very distraught over this. Cant stop thinking about it.....
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:22 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Sounds like he definitely has mental issues. Get him help. Good for you for not writing him off!
    I am not psychologist... but look up Histrionic personality disorder.
    kazmia

Answer by kazmia at 12:48 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• having been in a similar situation...the lying about a child(ren). met this guy a few years ago who said that he had a son that was killed in a car wreck because the adopted parents was drunk and laid the baby on the seat. i thought how insane but i beleived him. he then told me he was in prison for a couple of years. i have friends and family that either been/are in prison or work there. he brought it up to another friend, who was the night shift supervisor at the prison he claimed to be in. the supervisor friend pulled me aside and said he never been in there so i looked up inmate info on the prison site. when i was about to write him off he tells me his 8mth neice was killed in an accident in a near by town. nothing on the news,paper, or even fb for that matter(small town). i met his sister and neice a few weeks later.( amazing recovery ehh?)....continued
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 2:19 AM on Jun. 9, 2011