What do you think?

I heard that the average couple argue 2500 times a year, thats almost 7 times a day. I personally think that is insane. Who has time to argue with their other half 7 times a day let alone who sees their other half long enough in one day to argue 7 times? I honestly can say that for once I am glad to be below average if this is true. My husband and I only argue maybe twice a month. So tell me what you think of this?

SMG1120

Asked by SMG1120 at 12:08 AM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• I would say it's possible. An argument to me doesn't necessarily mean a fight. It could be just an argument on where to go eat or something along those lines. My husband and I have little arguments like that all the time but they rarely turn into anything serious.
    cmgIII

Answer by cmgIII at 12:11 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Yeah, that does seem to be a bit much...wow. And to think, that's suppose to be AVERAGE?! So there are OTHERS who argue MORE than that!

I'd love to find out where and how they got these figures. I sure wasn't asked!
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 12:11 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• We don't fight that much. Think they need to re-research
    myownhappiness

Answer by myownhappiness at 12:11 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I think you need to define "argue".

Hubs and I havent had an "argument" in a LONG time... but we have disagreed, snapped (tired, hard day at work, etc.), and gotten irritated with each other often.  But that is something that is here and gone before it is even noticed... and apologize for when it is noticed.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• It depends on what they consider arguing. Like over the top, slamming doors, and burning rubber away from your home kinda argument or who drank the last soda?....
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 12:14 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• My husband and I bicker with eachother but not on a daily basis and not enough to call it argueing and surely not enough for it to be 2500 times a year.
    SMG1120

Comment by SMG1120 (original poster) at 12:14 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I personally consider arguing to be fighting, not who ate the last cookie or whats for dinner. To me an arguement is a disagreement that extends into more and turns into a fight. But either way you consider it 7 times a day is a bit extreme. I mean you'd have to argue about who ate the last cookie, didnt flush the toilet, whats for dinner, who was suppose to let the dog out, and who knows what else everday for a year. Who has that much time?
    SMG1120

Comment by SMG1120 (original poster) at 12:19 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I think it depends on the couple. My grandparents argued all the time (usually about nothing), while my hubs and I have disagreements and bicker sometimes, but it is rare for us to have an actual full-blown fight.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:44 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• My husband and I have disagreements on a daily basis, but they're hardly worthy of being called arguments. We maybe argue about once or twice every couple of months, usually about stupid shit that gets resolved. The longest lasting argument we had was about how I felt he didn't want to get to know my family more, and he said I was just trying to start a fight. It started at about 7pm after I got back from my cousins, which he didn't want to really meet, but I made him do it anyway, (hes a shy man, doesn't like to talk to people too much) and then lasted when both of us woke up in the middle of the night cold, because we weren't keeping eachother warm because we weren't touching. Stupid. I don't understand how someone can argue 7 times a day...sounds like my mother.
    monstersmommy20

Answer by monstersmommy20 at 1:24 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• We don't argue a lot but its healthy to argue not daily but a little and those # are extreme 7xs a day Nooo I don't have that much energy to waste I would leave lol
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 8:30 AM on Jun. 9, 2011