After baby body

anyone ever look at their body after you had a baby and just get depressed.

mama28th

Asked by mama28th at 7:36 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• I was a tiny girl in high school and I didn't like myself then. Then I gained some weight and I was like gross and started working out. Then I felt good about myself. When I got pregnant, I gained 75 lbs. I was depressed. But I worked out and lost all but 10 lbs of it. Now I'm about 25 lbs more then I'd like to be, but I'm working on it and I feel ok. I like the fact that I have boobs now, but my hips drive me nuts and I never had a flat stomach anyway, and i was even a fittness rep. Everybody is different. Exercise helps, but the only way to feel good about yourself is too stop criticizing yourself. Confidence exudes beauty and you are beautiful, thats why you had a guy who got you prego in the first place!
    berrysweetmamma

Answer by berrysweetmamma at 11:14 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• nope.. not at all.. my body carried a wonderful baby for 9.5 months.. the best thng that ever happened to me.. im proud of what i have done (creating a new life and giving birth)... it wouldnt make any sense when i now say im depressed when i look at my body ;)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 7:38 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• ummm yeah kinda i use 2 be so self confident about my body i was getting the way i felt confrontable been now im like omg im never gonna feel that way again
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 7:45 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Yes and no. I'm happy that my body is getting back to what it was, but I still get depressed at the flabby stomach. I should probably do some situps at home!
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 8:42 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I have to say yes and no also. Sometimes I look down and my extra skin and stretch marks and i"m just like how gross! I used to have such a nice stomach. But then, I look at my beautiful babies and think that it's just amazing I had them and having them is worth the extra skin and stretch marks and i wouldn't change it for anything.
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 10:58 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• i have to say yes and no as well...i remember having a decent body pre-pregnancy...and i took it for granted ill admit. however, these stretch marks and the flabbiness always remind me that i ended up with a BEAUTIFUL baby girl so...yes and no
    Hahnmrs

Answer by Hahnmrs at 6:19 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Nope because everything is back to normal...and even better than normal..apart from strech mark scars that are fading but still noticeable...but I dont really care too much about those. As long as I am healthy and full of energy I dont mind..IO guess if I wasnt I might have two minutes to notice them more!

keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 11:34 AM on Dec. 11, 2008