What would you believe happened here??? THX

My dh is so pissed at his dd bc we have been planning a grad. party with her for the longest and come to find out she had made plans at her moms home for the 10th well before her grad. ceremony we kept asking her so what is going to happen will be going to your party on the 10th or what and every time she would say "I don't know anything yet" anyway we went to grad. ceremony and here we are making plans to go to her party and TODAY she tells her dad that her party will be on the 11th he's like WHAT? I thought you would be here with me on the 11th and she says no dad I told you the party was going to be on the 11th I know I told you this way in advance I know I did.
Well I am sitting there wondering what was going on so he puts her on hold and ask me about when the grad party was going to be held I told him the 10th and that's when he gets so upset with her about changing the date on us and making us sound like we are the ones who misunderstood her. She swears up and down that she had this plan a month ago...WTF???
Just venting ladies thanks for listening... I swear she sounds like her mother...ugh!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Adult Children (18+)

• Sounds like you SD is going out with friends. Sorry sometimes teens can try to be sneaky...
    nybor48

Answer by nybor48 at 5:06 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Why not simply pick up the phone and call her mom and coordinate???
    Seems pretty simple.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Sorry about that :(
    myownhappiness

Answer by myownhappiness at 12:14 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Sounds to me like this was done on purpose. If your husband and his ex don't get along, I could see some major manipulation there. My BIL went through the exact same thing and it was mainly his ex. Sorry you guys have to go through it!
    cmgIII

Answer by cmgIII at 12:18 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Well we were never invited by her mom so we were planning on maybe not going but since my sd could not give us a straight answer it was still up in the air. My dh and I said to each other of the ex calls and invites us then ok we'll go but never did she call. what we did not like about this was that my sd was so sure she told us and that it was our fault for misunderstanding. I think that BULL. Like saying we are the dumbasses in this picture.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:22 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Get off your high horse and call her mother!
    Anonymous