Why do your feet,ankles and legs get swolling?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• from retaining to much water,having to much salt,and it can also be a sign of preclampsia
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 12:15 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I agree with mamawilbur...
    Try propping your feet up passed the level of your heart see if that helps reduce or take away the swelling.

I remembering having this I swear my feet looked like FRED FLINSTONE...lol GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 12:18 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Have you discussed this with your Doctor? He needs to know that you are SWOLLEN. Swelling can be treated. Keep your feet elevated and stay away from salt.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 12:30 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• it can be just a pregnancy symptom for some woman but it can be a sign of preclampsia for others, I had it, make sure you get your blood pressure taken and get an appt at your Dr just to get it all checked, I delievered my daughter at 35 weeks because of it and if I didnt have such good Drs taking care of me, she wouldnt be here........
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 12:31 AM on Jun. 9, 2011