what is the correct way to measure for a bra?

my daughter is due for her first bra and I am not sure how to measure - hellllllp

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:42 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• i went to Victoria secret....come to find out i was wearing the wrong size.
    all i know they messure around right under your breast then around your brest with a fist in between your boobs for cup size.
    I was wearing a 38c..when i was expose to be a 36d. Can you find somewhere that would. most places do it for free.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 7:44 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• The General rule is measure right under your breasts and add 2 inches for the size...for the cup size 1 cup size per inch (larger than width).
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 7:53 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• http://www2.victoriassecret.com/braguide/howToMeasure.cfm?rfnbr=5373

Hope this helps!
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 7:56 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I was always taught: measure under breasts, this give you the inches (34, 36, 38, etc) and then measure across your breasts. Then for each inch difference that is one cup size. So, 1 inch difference (34 and 35) would be an A cup, two inches is a B, three is a C, and so on. I was wearing a 40 C but it turned out I was a 40 D...what a difference!
    PROGENITOR

Answer by PROGENITOR at 11:01 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I've heard that 80% of American women wear the wrong size. I'd see if you can take her somewhere like Victoria's Secret that will measure her and then go buy bras wherever the selection fits your budget. Maybe you could make it a special mom-daughter day.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 11:58 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• jcpenny's has people that will measure you when you look at bra's.
    tessntylersmom

Answer by tessntylersmom at 8:31 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• JCPenney, Dillard's, or Macy's will fit her.
    My mom did that for me when I got my first bra, and it was a special day - just the two of us.
    3gymnastsmom

Answer by 3gymnastsmom at 5:18 PM on Dec. 16, 2008