Tubal Ligation and hernia repair?

I just had my daughter last thursday and had my tubes tied on saturday. During the surgery the doctor found a 3-4cm hernia that he repaired and lots of scar tissue had to be removed to allow access to one of my tubes. Since the surgery I have washed the incision with dial soap and cleaned it with peroxide 3 times a day but the incision and down almost to my pelvic bone became infected. I'm on antibiotics to heal it, which is working, but the pain from the surgery is horrible. Has anyone had a similar problem? If so, what did you do to help resolve it? Thanks in advance to everyone.

mommyof2tobe84

Asked by mommyof2tobe84 at 10:25 PM on Jul. 11, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Ok, well if you are in that much pain I would contact your Dr. and let him/her know that you are in pain.
    I mean how else can you put it. Yes, they probably expect you to be a little uncomfortable but on a scale of 1-10, you know you sound like maybe close to 10 could be bothering you. So, I would say something to someone and tell them to fix it so you get to taking care of your baby.
    noir

Answer by noir at 3:22 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• it sounds ike you had more than just a tubal so they shoudl have given you some good meds. call and get some.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 3:23 AM on Jul. 12, 2008