Controlling or old school? Gotta read!

when I met my husband he was 21, never had a gf or anything. His mom found out about us dating 2 months after we met and pushed him to break up with me. She gave him a schedule saying he could see me for 4 hours once a month. So to prove to them he was old enough to make his own decisions he moved out. They needed him at home so he made a deal that they would let him see me when ever for how ever long. She agreed and he moved back in. She made it very clear she didn't like me. When he was at my house she would call him
To see what he was doing and at 10:30 she would call to tell him to come home. Finally we got married after a year of dealing with his mom telling him what to do. She said he was suppose to wait till he was 25 to get married and she was to choose the wife. Now his 15 year old brother is interested in a girl and she is making him give her the passwords to his FB and email accounts so she can change them and not tell him. She wants to choose all her kids spouses. What do y'all think?

countrymama87

Asked by countrymama87 at 12:24 AM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• She's overcontrolling and crazy.
    blackisbetter

Answer by blackisbetter at 12:28 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Is she for real? I can understand for her to say 22 is too young to get married, but to go to those lenghts to keep track of her kids. She'll just push them away by doing that.
    Ashoonik

Answer by Ashoonik at 12:29 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• He is now 22 almost 23 and I am 24 we go together like salt and pepper. We dont fight oranything just have fun and do everything together And yes she is 100% for reAl doing this to her kids there are 6 all together including my DH.
    countrymama87

Comment by countrymama87 (original poster) at 12:34 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Doesnt sound old school to me at all, sounds extremely controlling, he was 21 not 15. Now I can understand being more involved with the 15 year old son, but choosing spouses and times etc, thats too far.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 12:35 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• What? He's 21 and can't date. As long as he doesn't bring a baby home, let him live. My mom was very controlling when we were growing up but it wasn't to the point of changing passwords. She was also very opinionated when it came to spouses. She can share her opinion but I'm doing what I want and what will make me happy at the end of the day. He should do the same. Not encouraging this but the 15yo should have 2 FB accounts. One that he can "share" with his mom and the other he can keep private for himself. The friend on the shared account should not be the same as on the private account. And once in a while chat on the shared to make it look used. Yes, boo me but he should deceive his mom about his account. She's not going to let up and he needs to be able to live his life and not be controlled. She need to get a life of her own and let them be. But that's just imo. Good luck

Danni143

Answer by Danni143 at 12:37 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Yea I get the 15 year old but he isn't allowed to talk to any female he isn't related to. They won't even let him come talk to me!
    countrymama87

Comment by countrymama87 (original poster) at 12:37 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Controlling!!! I am 21 and happily married. Age isnt a factor, it's all about maturity. Still though he was a grown man and who he decides to see is none of her business. IMO.
    Mrs.Gallegos649

Answer by Mrs.Gallegos649 at 12:42 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• did she not see what that did the first time. That is controling. Wow!
    Kimkh

Answer by Kimkh at 12:43 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• The oldest girl is going to let her mom chose who she marries. But I think she may as well hive up on choosing anything for the boys!
    countrymama87

Comment by countrymama87 (original poster) at 12:47 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Are they foreign or of a fundamental religion? If not, her behavior is bizarre and over-controlling.

I really hope your DH doesn't have any issues from growing up under her tight rules.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 12:55 AM on Jun. 9, 2011