asap. . what do contractions feel like

im 29 almost 30 weeks pregnant. . about a half hour ago my stomach started cramping. It feels like my stomach is squeezing really tight. It will last a few minutes and then go away. but it keeps coming back around every 10 minutes or so. . when it happens i double over in pain and get hot sweats. . At first i thought i needed to go to the bathroom. but thats not it. . . I dont wanna over react because ive already been to the er for cramps before and it was nothing. . please give me advice.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:57 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i think you need 2 call you doctor and see what he says even though you have been 2 the er before and it was nothing it could be something now my cuz went into early labor and they had 2 stop it better safe then sorry
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 8:00 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• sounds similiar to contractions and if they get regular and closer together and hurting rally bad i would call you OB or go in. You wouldn't want to risk anything at only 30 weeks. dont feel stupid for going to the hospital it just shows your care for your unborn baby. If its really bad for awhile i would go.
    CaityMarie

Answer by CaityMarie at 8:00 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Call the doc. It sounds like contractions. It could be really strong braxton hicks which get stronger as you get farther along but should be as painful as you describe. You are too early to take chances. If they are regular enough to time very ten minutes then I would call now. Don't wait. If it's just BH then you will be better off having the false alarm than if it's the real thing and waiting too long. Good luck!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:01 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• * SHouldn't be as painful as you describe* Sorry.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:02 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• If they are that painfull then you need to go to the ER it could be early labor. Try drinking some water and lying down on your left side. But if it were me I would be headed to the hospital Good luck hun
    lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 8:20 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• i would call the Dr and drink water and lay on your left side see if that help and if you dont get a call back soon i would just go in to ER
    Anonymous

• You need to call your Dr. right away. If they are close together and painful, it could be preterm labor, and they can stop it if you go in early enough. The Braxton Hicks or "practice contractions" may be a little uncomfortable, but they usually only come very sporadically or only 3-4 times a day towards the end. Good luck.
    beforeyoureyes

Answer by beforeyoureyes at 2:16 AM on Dec. 11, 2008