Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

Hw can I show my sons dad that my son needs his mother too?

Answer Question

Asked by Jaysens_Mommy at 12:30 AM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Relationships

Level 2 (7 Credits)
Answers (7)
  • What do you mean? Your sons father has full custody and you dont see him? Or??? Need a bit more info.

    Answer by Princess_s21 at 12:32 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

  • Well I moved in with my Fiance, and my sons father came and took him from me then waited till he knew i was in a situation where i could not go to court and now he has full custody. Im not allowed to have my son overnight...EVER. my son is only 10 months old and i have not seen him for 2 months

    Comment by Jaysens_Mommy (original poster) at 12:35 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

  • Not to be rude, but it's very rare that a court would take an infant away from its mother unless something was going on. How did your son's father prove he was a better choice for custodial parent????

    Answer by ta2dirishlass at 1:28 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

  • You can file with the Courts Pro Se (representing yourself). Short of that, he doesn't have to allow anything more than what is ordered.

    How did he get full custody? It's hard for a parent to get full custody, let alone a father getting full custody.

    Answer by laird6372 at 4:42 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

  • I don't want to sound mean, but full custody is very hard to get, and it's usually even harder for a man to get. While I understand that you may feel you've done nothing that should have gotten him full custody, a judge felt you did. At the same time, though, you should be allowed to see your son, unless you did something really horrible to him.

    All you can do is ask your son's father if he will allow you to see and spend time with your son, or represent yourself in court and try to get the court order changed. If you're going to get the order changed, you will need proof that whatever the judge used to determine your ex should get full custody has changed, and you will need to be prepared for a long fight.

    Answer by wendythewriter at 7:47 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

  • Even if u don't get custody through the courts as long as u have not been found unfit u still have parenting rights

    Answer by rinamomof2 at 8:26 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

  • there has to be more to that as to why the judge would give your ex full custody of your 10 month baby. and why didn't you go to court to fight that?

    Answer by lucky35 at 2:33 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.