Obama killing seniors

that's the spin from the property owners, anyway. Here are mindless budget cuts instead of intelligent ones in action: http://www.wsbt.com/news/wsbt-seniors-at-elkhart-apartment-building-suffering-without-ac-20110608,0,7943107.story

But it's ok. They're old. It's more important that we still have money for Obama's pet projects like health care reform, right?  Maybe that's the strategy - kill em off so they don't have to figure out the whole Medicare thing...

Reality, though - how many more stories like this are we going to hear as things get worse?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 12:35 AM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• simple smileI am still alive!

minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 12:39 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• When did you move to Indiana? Or did you just not bother to read the article?
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 12:40 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I read it.
    DO I believe the apartment owners? NO. They are obligated to turn on the air and maybe get a new accounting firm to handle their messed up finances. They blame the government? HA.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 12:46 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• My opinion....I think they should cut the air on the free rent buildings full of people capable of working..but choosing instead to live off the govt tit. I can suggest a couple off the top of my head. This is a shame, but I fear it is just the tip of a very large iceberg.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 1:15 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I hate Obama and many things his doing as well as many budget cuts. Not just ones he makes but states are making to. There cutting schools, PA Programs which is hilarious because right now people need it more then ever, funds for the VA, ect. Well sorry but I think there are better things to cut his health care reform, Jails, Prisons, bail outs, etc. I think they need to re-evaluate what is important.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 2:41 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Sounds to me like the building owners are idiots. They obviously don't have their priorities right. You would think the a/c
    would be the last thing they would cut. There are a lot of things that go into running a residential building, did they have ALL their money cut? I'd certainly complain and probably move my loved one out.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:16 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• This is so juvenile....

Republicans are the ones that want to KILL seniors by limiting their Medicare

and his "pet project" health care? HOW many people would LIVE and benefit from HAVING HC?...right....

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:25 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• A letter sent to residents a week ago by the property managers explains how the federal government is cutting what it pays for them to operate the building. Cuts that are forcing the company to reduce expenses and spend less to maintain the apartment building.

I would simply ask them for their financials to prove that they can't afford to put the A/C on.  I would think that a bunch of seniors that have a ton of life experience would have a little insight on how things can be done more efficiently.  So, the management company has less money to also maintain the building?  What else will be cut?  I would first be taking on the management company to find out what the real financial situation is (actual numbers) and then I would move on up the ladder to the govt. 

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:33 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• "republicans want to kill seniors by limmiting their medicare."

I won't seriously believe that democrats don't want to kill them either until I see them actually propose a better idea and budget on the matter than the Republicans have.

They've been sitting back for over two years in congress never propossing a single budget or reform idea...and if they just keep sitting back, never wanting to reform medicare, then it will go completely bankrupt...that will certainly kill more seniors than any reform.
    Dkhilly

Answer by Dkhilly at 11:50 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

How does this say the govt told them to cut the AC?

they CHOSE to cut it

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:55 AM on Jun. 9, 2011